- SKU: 8623439
- Release Date: 12/04/2007
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- Feature available in original B&W and color (Chromachoice™ to toggle between B&W and color)
- Commentary with Ray Harryhausen, visual effects artists Dennis Muren and Phil Tippett, and Arnold Kunert
- Digital sneak peek of 20 Million Miles More comic book
- Remembering 20 Million Miles to Earth
- Tim Burtin Sits Down With Ray Harryhausen
- Interview with Joan Taylor
- The Colorization Process
- Original ad artwork
- David Schecter on film music's unsung hero
- Video photo galleries
One of special-effects wizard Ray Harryhausen's pre-Seventh Voyage of Sinbad efforts, 20 Million Miles to Earth borrows a few pages from King Kong. An American spaceship crashlands off the coast of Sicily. The rescue party discovers that the astronauts have inadvertently brought back a curious gelatinous mass from the planet Venus. This lump of goo rapidly evolves into be a living reptilian creature, which scientists label an "Ymir". While being subjected to laboratory experimentation, the Ymir begins growing by leaps and bounds, and before long the gigantic monstrosity has escaped and is wreaking havoc in Rome. After battling a zoo elephant and taking a swim in the Tiber, the gargantuan creature holes up in the Colosseum, where the film's pyrotechnic finale occurs. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- William Hopper - Calder
- Frank Puglia - Dr. Leonardo
- John Zaremba - Dr. Judson Uhl
- Thomas Brown Henry - Gen. A.D. McIntosh
- Tito Vuolo - Comisario of Police
1 out of 1 found this review helpful.