8 1/2 [Criterion Collection] [2 Discs] [DVD] [Italian] 
- SKU: 4477293
- Release Date: 12/04/2001
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- New digital trasfer of restored film elements, enhanced for 16x9 televisions, with digital image restoration
- Screen-specific audio essay featuring commentary by film critic and Fellini friend Gideon Bachmann and N.Y.U. professor of film Antonio Manda
- Introduction by Terry Gilliam, director of "Brazil" and "12 Monkeys"
- 22-page booklet featuring essays by Fellini, longtime Fellini collaborator and critic Tullio Kezich, and film professor and author Alexander Sesonske
- Theatrical trailer
- New and improved English subtitles
- Optimal image quality
- "Fellini: A Director's Notebook": a 52-minute film by Federico Fellini
- "Nino Rota: Between Cinema and Concert": a 48-minute documentary about the maestro behind the music of Fellini's films
- Interviews with actress Sandra Milo, director Lina Wertmüller, and cinematographer Vittorio Storaro, on the revolutionary art of Gianni di Venanzo
- Rare photographs from the collection of Gideon Bachmann
- Gallery of behind-the-scenes and production photos
- Optimal image quality: RSDL dual-layer edition
Fresh off of the international success of La Dolce Vita, master director Federico Fellini moved into the realm of self-reflexive autobiography with what is widely believed to be his finest and most personal work. Marcello Mastroianni delivers a brilliant performance as Fellini's alter ego Guido Anselmi, a film director overwhelmed by the large-scale production he has undertaken. He finds himself harangued by producers, his wife, and his mistress while he struggles to find the inspiration to finish his film. The stress plunges Guido into an interior world where fantasy and memory impinge on reality. Fellini jumbles narrative logic by freely cutting from flashbacks to dream sequences to the present until it becomes impossible to pry them apart, creating both a psychological portrait of Guido's interior world and the surrealistic, circus-like exterior world that came to be known as "Felliniesque." 8 1/2 won an Academy Award for Best Foreign-Language Film, as well as the grand prize at the Moscow Film Festival, and was one of the most influential and commercially successful European art movies of the 1960s, inspiring such later films as Bob Fosse's All That Jazz (1979), Woody Allen's Stardust Memories (1980), and even Lucio Fulci's Italian splatter film Un Gatto nel Cervello (1990). ~ Jonathan Crow, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Marcello Mastroianni - Guido Anselmi
- Claudia Cardinale - Claudia
- Anouk Aimée - Luisa Anselmi
- Sandra Milo - Carla
- Rossella Falk - Rossella
1 out of 1 found this review helpful.
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.