Why do I need professional installation?
- Time Our installation professionals have installed thousands of home theaters. They do it quickly and efficiently.
- Aesthetics Our installation professionals ensure your home theater flows seamlessly into the design of your home.
- Knowledge Our installation professionals undergo hours of training to serve you better.
What do I need to do?
- Start with an in-home consultation if you'd like an expert to help you get started.
- Choose the home theater setup that fits your needs.
- Schedule your installation time we'll do all the work.
How do I schedule, reschedule or cancel an appointment?
Call 1-800-GEEK SQUAD (1-800-433-5778).
Who performs my professional installation?
Your installation will be performed by a Geek Squad® agent specifically trained in home theater installation.
What will the installation professional do at my home?
Your installation professional will:
- Conduct a pre-installation survey upon arrival at your home.
- Explain the work to be performed and any options available to you.
- Complete the installation, integrate your newly purchased components into your existing system and ensure that everything works correctly.
- Provide you with a brief educational demonstration of your home theater and answer any questions.
Do I need to do anything before the installation?
You just need to clear a path, remove fragile items from the surrounding area and provide adequate floor protection. Please ensure that any pets are removed from the area(s) in which our professionals will be working. An adult must be on site (we suggest the primary user) and must present the original Best Buy receipt(s) for the products to be installed and for the installation service itself. Then, when we're finished, you just need to kick back and enjoy.
Can I make a return for installation or service costs, after installation is complete?
No, installation costs cannot be reimbursed after installation is complete.
Is installation restricted from any locations?
Yes, we cannot provide installation for the following locations: Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, Alaska, Hawaii, AA-Armed Forces and AE-Armed Forces.
Do the installation prices include extra parts?
They include labor only, with a few exceptions. Speaker installations include standard speaker wire. But items like extra cables and accessories are not included, so don't forget to purchase those additional items needed for installation. If you're unsure about what you need, a Customer Specialist will be happy to help. Just visit your local Best Buy store, and we'll make sure you get the proper cables and accessories to deliver the flawless home theater experience you expect.
Could there be additional charges?
In some situations, in order to complete your installation, additional charges could occur. Our installation professional will provide a quote before performing any work involving additional charges such as labor beyond the normal scope of work, or additional accessories.
Circumstances Requiring Additional Charges:
Our installation professional will provide quotes before performing work for which additional charges may be incurred. The following list of conditions that may result in the assessment of additional charges is not intended to be exhaustive.
- All prices are for residential installations only. New home construction installations require additional charges.
- Non-land travel, such as water ferry or air travel that may be required to complete the installation.
- Installations where masonry walls, plaster, or solid concrete walls must be penetrated.
- Custom installation of components or wiring beyond the normal scope of work for installation purchased.
- Outdoor wire trenching.
- Any additional wires, parts or accessories necessary to complete the installation.
- Any residential locations that involve inadequate access to the wall in which wire is to be hidden (For example, there is no attic or basement access to the wall where the wire is to be hidden, or the wire is to be hidden in an external wall that contains insulation, vapor barrier or any other obstructions).
- Furniture assembly this is a separate service.
- Additional demonstration time.
- Programming of advanced "learning" remotes this is a separate service.
- Any installation that requires over a 24-foot ladder to complete the installation.
- Additional RG-6 cable and/or amplification required.
- Installation of a telephone jack.
NOTE: Our installation professionals are not authorized to perform and will NOT perform any electrical, floor covering or carpentry work.
How soon after purchasing my HDTV should I have TV Calibration performed?
Although you may be eager to have your new HDTV calibrated the day you get it home, we recommend you wait at least three weeks (or approximately 100 viewing hours), before your first calibration is performed. This will give your HDTV time to complete its initial "break-in" period, which helps to ensure the best possible results from our procedures.
Will your TV Calibration improve the image quality of my standard-definition channels?
Geek Squad® TV Calibration is designed to optimize images from an HD source at the highest levels of resolution, far beyond the thresholds of a standard-definition image. You may see slight improvements in your standard-definition channels and signals, but you'll notice the biggest difference and be taking full advantage of your HDTV's image quality potential when you upgrade to such HD sources as HD cable, DIRECTV, or Blu-ray video.
How often does my HDTV require calibration?
Like all sophisticated electronic devices, your HDTV will slowly drift outside its optimum levels with everyday use. Required calibration frequency varies greatly based on usage and a range of other conditions, but we typically recommend approximately one year between your first and second appointments. After completing the second calibration, your Geek Squad® Service Agent will typically have a clear idea as to how often your HDTV should be calibrated from that point forward.