Geek Squad® - Portable Radar Detector Installation (Hardware Not Included)
Make sure your radar detector is properly mounted and functioning. Purchase your installation online and then let a Geek Squad Autotech install your radar detector — done right the first time.
NOTE: Installation and use of radar detectors is not available in Washington D.C., Virginia or in commercial vehicles.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
A Geek Squad Autotech will:
Approximate time to complete: 30 minutes
Why should you have Geek Squad do it for you?
- Complete a preinstallation and postinstallation checklist to ensure we return your vehicle to you in the same condition as when you dropped it off
- Securely mount radar detector to top of dashboard or windshield (mounting location may be dictated by local laws)
- Conceal all wiring beneath panels
- Hard wire power and ground directly to vehicle (NOTE: a hardwire kit or adapter is required)
- Vacuum work area
- Demonstrate unit functionality and capabilities
- Some installations may require additional charges*
- Hardware not included
- Lifetime workmanship warranty
- MECP Certified Autotechs
- Autotech Installation Centers located across the country
A materials charge of $5 per vehicle will be assessed at time of installation. Standard installation does not include any vehicle-specific parts or accessories (for example, cigarette lighter adapter, wiring kit, etc.). For a portable radar detector installation these parts are typically $30–$40 but will vary based upon your specific vehicle and the radar detector you are having installed. Additional charges for vehicle-specific parts and any non-standard installation will be assessed upon completion of the installation. If you'd like more detailed information regarding installation on your specific vehicle, find a store with an installation center and speak directly with a Geek Squad Autotech. Your Geek Squad Autotech will provide an estimate to you prior to performing work that requires an additional charge and any additional parts. See terms and conditions for further details.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Important scheduling information:
When we approve your order, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. You will also receive a redemption e-mail for each service you've purchased. This redemption e-mail will include a key code that will validate your order. Print a copy of this e-mail and give it to the Agent at the time of service.
Once you receive your redemption e-mail, schedule your installation in four easy steps:
- Find the installation center of your choice.
- Call the installation center to schedule an appointment.
- Print your Geek Squad service e-mail.
- Show up to have your equipment installed.
Speak to a Geek Squad Autotech for more information regarding your specific vehicle type. Service returns cannot be accepted after installation services are completed.
WHAT TO BRING
When you arrive on your installation date, remember to bring the following:
- The printout of your Geek Squad redemption e-mail that shows the key code for the Portable Radar Detector Installation service you purchased
- The radar detector you'd like to have installed
- Any parts you may have purchased for the installation
Best Buy Customer Reviews
(1 out of 2)
Posted by: GoCampingGoFishing
from Billings, MT on
04/26/2013We walked in just to set up an appointment, and ended up having it installed immediately. That was nice since we didn't have to come back again. We had it hardwired so it's on as soon as the ignition is turned on, and it works great.
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful?
Item was installed without any problems.
Posted by: SherBil
from Roswell, GA on
02/08/2013A simple process to install radar detector wiring. Job done adequately, but a "mute" button was installed, which was totally unnecessary and was put in a very inconvenient location. It is also unsightly. I feel I should have been consulted about it first. I did not supply the wiring and was unaware of this configuration. Technician said it was standard to install this type of setup. I have owned radar detectors for 20 years and have never seen this unneeded item. I am not sure what my recourse could have been.
2 out of 2 found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful?
Product images, including color, may differ from actual product appearance.