Canceling Your Order
To Cancel an Order Online:
- Sign in to your account.
- Under the My Best Buy™ heading, select Orders.
- Click on the order number and select the items you'd like to cancel.
Or, if you checked out as a guest, go to Check Your Order Status and enter your order information. Click on the order number and select the items you'd like to cancel.
Note: Items cannot be canceled online if they have already been processed for shipping, home delivery or store pickup. Pre-orders for digital PC games cannot be canceled within seven days of release.
When You Can Cancel an Order
The timeframe for canceling an order depends on its delivery method.
Delivery or Pickup Method
Scheduled Home Delivery
A) Pre-orders placed 5 days or more from release date
B) Pre-orders placed fewer than 5 days from release date:
- Standard Shipping
- Expedited Shipping
- Express Shipping
(e.g., music, movie and game downloads)
Cancel within 30 minutes of placing the order
Cancel any time
Cancel any time prior to the day of scheduled delivery
Cancel any time while product is still on backorder
A) Cancel any time while product is still on pre-order, regardless of shipping method
B) Cancellation within 5 days of release date depends upon shipping method chosen:
- Cancellation time has expired. Please return the order.
- Cancel 2 days or more from street date.
- Cancel 1 day or more from street date.
Promotions and Canceled Order
If canceling an item means your order is no longer eligible for a promotion or a quantity discount, your order total will be recalculated and credit card charges may apply.
However, if an item from your order is canceled by us for any reason and you have already received your promotional or discounted item, the promotion or discount will remain in effect.
You can cancel or return Special Order items, and you will be refunded 85% of the original purchase price. Special Order items are items not generally carried by Best Buy and/or which require that an order be placed directly with the manufacturer or distributor. The item ordered is then sent from manufacturer or distributor to Best Buy and then to customer.
Custom and personalized orders made specially for you are non-returnable. Custom Order items are items where a customer has requested specific attributes (e.g. finish, color, size) or where a manufacturer builds only to order.
Canceling Cell Phones with Service Plans
- If you cancel an order for a cell phone with a service plan, be sure to tell us if you want to cancel service with the carrier.
- If you don't let us know, you may still be charged for wireless service from the carrier.
- If you cancel an order online for a cell phone with a service plan, you are responsible for canceling service with the carrier.
- If you paid a deposit for service and have questions about your deposit, please contact the wireless carrier directly.
Credit Card Authorization
When you place an online order, we authorize your credit card to make sure sufficient credit is available. A hold is placed on funds equal to your order total until the order is fulfilled.
If you cancel an order, the time required to remove the authorization is determined by the financial institution that issued your card. Here are estimated timeframes for some common payment methods:
Debit or check cards
Visa or MasterCard
Best Buy Credit Card
Gift Cards and Canceled Orders
If you cancel an order that was paid for with a gift card, the purchase amount will be credited to your gift card within 30 minutes of the cancellation. If you no longer have the gift card, call us to request a new one.