Using Gift Cards Online
During Checkout, enter both the card number and 4-digit PIN on the back of the card. You can use up to 5 gift cards per order.
If your gift card balance doesn't cover the total cost of your order, we'll charge the remaining amount to your credit card or PayPal account. If the total cost of the order is less than the balance on your gift card(s), any unused balance will remain on the last gift card you entered.
Keep your gift card until you receive your order and are sure you're satisfied with it. If you return or cancel items that you paid for using a gift card, the amount charged to the gift card will go back on the card.
Check Your Gift Card Balance
You can check your gift card balance in three ways:
- Check your balance online.
- Call 1-888-716-7994.
- In store, show your gift card to a sales associate.
Gift Cards We Accept Online
BestBuy.com accepts the following types of gift cards:
- Best Buy gift cards
- Pitch In™ Card
- Best Buy store credit
- Geek Squad® official gift card
- Magnolia Home Theater card
BestBuy.com does not accept these cards from Best Buy businesses or third-party service providers:
- Best Buy Canada gift card
- Future Shop gift card
- Geek Squad official prepaid card (for specified in-home training services)
- Magnolia Audio Video gift card
- Shutterfly prepaid photo card
Lost or Stolen Gift Cards
We can replace the remaining balance on a lost, stolen or damaged gift card, as long as you have the original purchase receipt. Please call 1-888-716-7994.
Returning Items Paid by Gift Card
You can return items purchased with gift cards in accordance with our Return & Exchange Policy. The return amount will be credited to your gift card within 30 minutes of the time we receive it. If you no longer have the gift card, call us to request a new one.
Canceled Orders and Gift Cards
If you cancel an order that was purchased with a gift card, the purchase amount will be credited to your gift card within 30 minutes of the cancellation. If you no longer have the gift card, call us to request a new one.
Abbreviated Terms and Conditions
These apply to Best Buy gift cards in general. Some gift cards from other Best Buy businesses may have different terms and conditions.
- Gift cards are not redeemable for cash.
- Gift cards cannot be used as a credit or debit card.
- Gift cards are not valid as payment on a Best Buy credit card.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- Gift cards are issued by Best Buy.
See full Gift Card Terms and Conditions.