Giving a Gift
Shipping a Gift
Shipping a gift? Don't worry; we never show prices on the packing slip.
To let your recipient know that a gift from you is on its way, you have the option during Checkout to e-mail a gift message. Check the "E-mail a gift message" box, enter your recipient's e-mail address, and write a personal message. Your message will be sent once we've shipped the item.
Your name will appear in the "From" field. Also, e-mailing a gift message will not place the recipient on any e-mail marketing lists. Once you've submitted a gift message, the only way to cancel it is to cancel the order.
Gifts for Store Pickup
You can request a gift receipt during Checkout for your Store Pickup order. If you request a gift receipt, this is the receipt that the person picking up the order will receive at the store, whether it's you or your designated pickup person. The gift receipt does not show the cost of items, but can be used for returns.
Gifts Purchased in Store
At the register, ask the cashier for a gift receipt. The gift receipt does not show the cost of items, but can be used for returns.
Forgot to ask for a gift receipt? You can still get one after your purchase. Here's how:
- If it's the same day you bought the item, go to any register in the same Best Buy store where the item was purchased, and request a gift receipt.
- If it's a different day, you can go to the Customer Service counter at any Best Buy store, and request a gift receipt.
Returning a Gift
Gifts purchased online may be returned to a Best Buy store or by mail, with an original receipt, gift receipt or packing slip. See our
Return & Exchange Promise.
- If an order is returned to a Best Buy store by someone other than the person who placed the order, the person returning the item will receive an in-store credit.
- If the order is returned to a Best Buy store by the person who placed the order, a credit will be issued to the original form of payment.
- If the order is canceled before it's picked up at the store, a credit will be issued to the original form of payment.