A Day Without a Mexican [DVD] [Eng/Spa] 
- SKU: 6899127
- Release Date: 11/09/2004
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- Behind... A Day Without a Mexican
- Music video "Sin Decir Adios" by Los Yoguis
- The original short that inspired the film
- Original trailer & TV spots
- Optional Spanish menus & subtitles
Marking the directorial debut of Sergio Arau, son of Like Water for Chocolate director Alfonso Arau, A Day Without a Mexican ponders the potentially catastrophic results that would occur if California-based Mexicans, who make up over a third of the state's population, were to suddenly disappear. The mockumentary postulates that the lack of Latino gardeners, nannies, cooks, policeman, maids, teachers, farm workers, construction crews, entertainers, athletes, and the world's largest growing consumer market would create a social, political, and economic disaster, leaving the concept of the "California Dream" in shambles. A Day Without a Mexican proved controversial even before its release: promotional billboards reading "On May 14th, there will be no Mexicans in California" caused a stir with immigrant rights groups, who believed the sign was a statement against the Latino community. The film stars Yareli Arizmendi, John Getz, Maureen Flannigan, and Muse Watson. ~ Tracie Cooper, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Yareli Arizmendi - Lila Rodriguez
- John Getz - State Sen. Abercrombie
- Maureen Flannigan - Mary Jo Quintana
- Muse Watson - Louis McClaire
- Caroline Aaron - Aunt Gigi
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.