A Smell of Honey, A Swallow of Brine/A Sweet Sickness/The Brick Dollhouse [Special Edition] [DVD]
- SKU: 13597896
- Release Date: 01/13/2004
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Digitally remastered
- Audio commentary on A Smell of Honey, a Swallow of Brine by the mighty monarch of exploitation, producer David F. Friedman
- Original theatrical trailer for A Sweet Sickness
- Bonus Friedman trailers for: The Defilers, The Lustful Turk, The Notorious Daughter of Fanny Hill and Starlet
- See the birthplace of Something Weird in the special shot-on-video short: A Visit to the Apple Theater, 1991
- Gallery of David F. Friedman exploitation art and audio oddities
- Total running time: over 3½ hours of Tinseltown titillation
The Brick Dollhouse
A Smell of Honey, a Swallow of Brine?
Sharon (Stacey Walker) is a tease, and the only way she can get her kicks is to play men like suckers. First it's Roy (Michael O'Kelly), who mistakenly goes too far during a hot makeout session in his auto. Sharon screams rape and Roy winds up in prison. Her roommate, Paula (Sharon Carr) can't believe that she's ready to go out with a new man a mere six weeks after being raped, but Sharon sneers, asking "What do you expect me to do, observe a year of mourning?" The new beau is a co-worker, Dick (Tom Hughes), a shy, stuttering mama's boy. Sharon flirts shamelessly with him, even inviting him into the bathroom while she bathes, and when he finally overcomes his nervousness and climbs on top of her, she again erupts with threats and outrage. Dick flees in shame, and is never heard from again. Even Paula is misled by the evil seductress, and her lesbian overtures are cruelly rebuffed ("I may be a bitch, but I'll never be a butch!"). Dick's vacant position is filled by Carter (Neville Coward), who is the next to squire Sharon around town. For a while she is sweet, and Carter accepts the fact that she won't go all the way. Unfortunately, he has been reading pornographic novels as an outlet for his lust, and the intense imagery is causing violent, erotic dreams that obsess him. A crazed outburst of pent-up sexual energy from Carter leads to Sharon meeting the source of her final comeuppance. ~ Fred Beldin, Rovi