- SKU: 31512295
- Release Date: 08/23/2016
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Audio interview with director and coscreenwriter Tony Richardson from the 1962 Cannes Film Festival
- Excerpt from a 1960 television interview with A Taste of Honey playwright Shelagh Delaney
- Interview from 1998 with cinematographer Walter Lassally
- Momma Don't Allow (1956), a Free Cinema short film by Richardson, shot by Lassally
- New interviews with actors Rita Tushingham and Murray Melvin
- Remaking British Theater: Joan Littlewood and "A Taste of Honey," a new piece about the film's stage origins, featuring an interview with theater scholar Kate Dorney
Director Tony Richardson adapted the screenplay of A Taste of Honey from the "kitchen sink" stage play by Shelagh Delaney. Rita Tushingham plays a working-class British teenager, living with her drink-sodden, libertine mother Dora Bryan. Denied affection by her selfish mother, Tushingham is pushed further in the background when Bryan impulsively marries her latest boyfriend Robert Stephens. The girl takes a job at a shoe store, then moves in with her kindly homosexual employer Murray Melvin. The two lost souls live in harmony until Tushingham becomes pregnant after a casual affair with black sailor Paul Danquah. Melvin comes to the rescue by offering to look after the baby. This relatively blissful state of affairs is short-lived; before long, Tushingham's hateful mother, having been kicked out by Stephens, descends upon her daughter and her "family," with all her debilitating emotional baggage intact. A poignant denouement caps this riveting slice-of-life drama. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Dora Bryan - Helen
- Rita Tushingham - Jo
- Robert Stephens - Peter
- Murray Melvin - Geoffrey
- Paul Danquah - Jimmy