- SKU: 21493115
- Release Date: 08/20/2013
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Jess Franco's original cut: Christina, Princess of Eroticism (79 min.), mastered in HD from the original 35 mm negative
- Audio commentary by Tim Lucas, critic and co-editor of Video Watchdog
- The complete alternate cut: A Virgin Among the Living Dead (90 min.), featuring zombie footage directed by Jean Rollin
- French with optional English subtitles
- English dubbed
- Alternate erotic footage (5 min.) featuring Alice Arno
- "Mysterious Dreams," a 16-minute interview with Jess Franco, directed by David Gregory, produced by Elijah Drenner
- "The Three Faces of Christina," a 12-minute documentary by Daniel Gouyette on the various versions of the film
- "Jess! What are you doing now?" an 8-minute homage to Jess Franco by Daniel Gouyette, featuring interviews with Franco's friends and collaborators
- Photo gallery
- Theatrical trailers
Pretty Christina (Christina von Blanc) encounters ghostly apparitions when she travels to a mansion in Honduras for the reading of her father's will. Thinking that she is going mad, Christina investigates further and discovers some horrible family secrets which could consume her. This witty erotic horror effort from cult director Jesus Franco is a perfect example of the re-editing and butchering of European films, which became common practice in the 1970s. At least 10 different versions exist, some with completely different plots than others. A 1974 re-release contained softcore sexual inserts featuring Marie-France Broquet, Waldemar Wohlfaart, and other performers not present in the original version. In the 1980s, French director Jean Rollin was hired by the Eurocine studio (by far the most common offender in the area of "cut-and-paste filmmaking") to shoot additional scenes. Rollin's footage consists of approximately 15 minutes of gory, uninspired zombie attacks, meant to capitalize on a then-popular subgenre initiated by Lucio Fulci's Zombi 2. Yet another version contained scenes from a Rollin-directed vampire film and was advertised with a picture of Vincent Price, who does not appear in any known version of this film. Further complicating matters is the fact that most of these alternate versions exist in varying lengths, reducing a rather interesting film to an incomprehensible mess. Britt Nichols, Paul Muller, Howard Vernon, and Anne Libert co-star, and Franco appears in a cameo role excised from some prints. ~ Robert Firsching, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Howard Vernon
- Paul Muller
- Brit Nichols
- Christina von Blanc
- Anne Libert