Absolutely Fabulous: Absolutely All of It! [Special Edition] [10 Discs] [DVD]
- Jon Plowman's history of Ab Fab - legendary BBC comedy Producer Jon Plowman gives the inside story on the making of Absolutely Fabulous
- Jon Plowman interviews actress June Whitfield
- Ab Fab 2012 comic relief special
- Newly recorded Jon Plowman introductions to the 20th anniversaryf specials and the French and Saunders sketches "Modern Mother and Daughter," "Titanic," and "Cold Turkey"
- Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley carry the Olympic Torch
- Commentary by Jennifer Saunders and Jon Plowman
- How to be absolutely fabulous - a behind-the-scenes look at Ab Fab
- Absolutely Fabulous: A life Edina looks back on her life
- Before Ab Fab
- (Two French & Saunders Sketches)
- Mirrorball- series pilot by Jennifer Saunders featuring all the stars of Ab Fab
- Joanna Lumley on modeling
Inspired by an episode of the sketch comedy classic French & Saunders, this hit Britcom spent its 1992 inaugural season wallowing in the post-'60s excess of its two main characters: chubby Edina Monsoon (series creator Jennifer Saunders), a third-rate PR exec with dreams of glamour, and rail-thin Patsy Stone (former Bond girl Joanna Lumley), a boozy, chain-smoking fashion editor. A sort of drugged-up, baby-boomer Lucy Ricardo and Ethel Mertz, "Pats" and "Eddy" stage fashion shows, hobnob with has-been celebrities, and terrorize Edina's family -- uptight daughter Saffy (Julia Sawalha) and vacant mother Gran (June Whitfield) -- and a host of ex-husbands and their various love interests. (Although Eddy has a son, Serge, he remains an off-camera in-joke until the 2002 special Absolutely Fabulous: Gay.) Additional characters include Bubble (Jane Horrocks), Eddy's dim-witted assistant, and a trio of comic magazine writers led by Kathy Burke's motor-mouthed Magda. An enormous hit on BBC1, American cable, and video/DVD, the show would return for numerous additional seasons and specials despite a long hiatus from 1996 to 2001. Like every season of Absolutely Fabulous, the initial run was written entirely by Saunders, though frequent writing and performing partner Dawn French gets credit as the co-creator of the initial concept. ~ Brian J. Dillard
Cast & Crew
- Jennifer Saunders
- Joanna Lumley
- Julia Sawalha
- Jane Horrocks
- June Whitfield
Best Buy Customer Reviews
5Best British Show Ever!! Posted by: jsalcidominor from: Los Angeles, CA on Hilarious and unedited. One of the greatest shows of all time!!
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.