Africa Live: The Roll Back Malaria Concert [DVD] [Eng/Fre/Spa]
- SKU: 7916856
- Release Date: 04/04/2006
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- The long version of the Africa Live documentary directed by Mick Csáky with live performances (complete songs) from the two-day concert
- Backstage comments from the artists
- Insights into the organization of the event in Dakar, subtitled lyrics, etc.
- A musical bonus of 10 additional live songs, directed by Martin Meissonnier.
- UNICEF's Roll Back Malaria film, presented by Angélique Kidjo
Witness the largest music event ever staged in Africa as a wide variety of the continent's most gifted musicians join forces on-stage to battle the growing malaria crisis by staging a superstar musical spectacular at Dakar, Senegal's Iba Mar Diop Stadium. Organized in part by legendary musician Youssou N'Dour, the once-in-a-lifetime event drew 50,000 music fans and featured show-stopping performances by such notable talents as Baaba Maal, Joey Starr, Corneille, Awilo Longomba, Orchestra Baobab, and, of course, N'Dour himself. Now, for world music lovers who heard about the concert but may have been unable to make the trip, this release offers a thrilling opportunity to enjoy the show from the best seat in the house while also offering the long version of the Africa Live documentary, nearly an hour of additional music, and UNICEF's Roll Back Malaria film as presented by Angélique Kidjo. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi