Amer [Blu-ray] [French] 
- SKU: 19463323
- Release Date: 10/04/2011
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- 2 Theatrical Trailes
- 1 Teaser
- The First Five Films by Helene Cattet & Bruno Forzani with Introductory Notes from The Filmmaker
- Catharsis (2001)
- Chambre Jaune (2002)
- La Fin De Notre Amour (2003)
- L'Etrange Portrait De Le Dame En Jaune (2004)
- Santos Palace (2006)
The power and danger of eros plays a key role for three women of different ages who may or may not be the same person in this enigmatic picture. The film was chalked up by many as an homage to the gory European giallos of the 1960s and 1970s, but it's also influenced heavily by the narratively cryptic surrealism of directors such as David Lynch. Directors Bruno Forzani and Hélène Cattet undertake an episodic approach by dividing the material into three thematically linked segments. In the first, a young girl is at home as her grandfather dies and her grandmother begins performing a series of bizarre rituals designed to either bring him back to life or ease his passage to the next world; as this is happening, the girl becomes aware that her parents are making love elsewhere in the house. Years later, a teenage girl goes into town with her mother to run some errands, comes face to face with the power of her sexuality, and learns how she can use her allure to change the behavior of men. In the final segment, an adult woman returns to the house where she grew up, which has fallen into disrepair -- and discovers that she may not be alone. Amer was the first feature-length project from directors Cattet and Forzani. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Marie Bos - Ana as an Adult
- Charlotte Eugene-Guibbaud - Ana as a Teenager
- Harry Cleven - Taxi Driver
- Delphine Brual - Graziella
- Jean-Michel Vovk - Father