American Aristocracy [DVD] 
- SKU: 19368277
- Release Date: 06/21/2011
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
American Aristocracy is a breezy satirical silent farce totally dominated by its star, Douglas Fairbanks Sr. Screenwriter Anita Loos based the film's plot on her own short story, which cast a jaundiced eye on "nouveau riche" Americans who tried to buy their way into society's upper crust during the pre-World War I years. Fairbanks plays the scion of an old, established and very wealthy Virginian family, who believes in democracy rather than plutocracy. He takes it upon himself to puncture the pretensions of a bunch of would-be snobs at a vacation resort, finding time to quell a plan to sell arms to Mexican insurgents. It goes without saying that he wins the heroine (Jewel Carmen), a would-be snob who turns out to be a "regular fellow" at heart. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Douglas Fairbanks - Cassius Lee
- Albert Parker - Percy Horton
- Jewel Carmen - Geraldine Hicks