- SKU: 14903535
- Release Date: 04/04/2006
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Access to the American Experience web site
- Printable materials for educators
- Scene selection
- Closed captions
- Closed Captioned
Before there was a Helen Thomas, there was Nellie Bly. Known at "the best reporter in America" in 1890, Bly continuously took great risks to grab the headlines. During the day of the of stunt journalist, Bly had herself committed in order to expose the abuse of the mentally ill. Other guises included a domestic employee, a chorus girl, and an unwed mother. But it was her ultimate feat of daring-do when the then-25-year-old took on the task of circling the globe and outdoing the record set by the fictitious yet legendary character, Phileas Fogg, in the novel Around the World in 80 Days. When she traveled around the world in just 72 days, beating Jules Verne's fictional escapade, she turned herself into a world celebrity. American Experience: Around the World in 72 Days paints a portrait of a remarkably ambitious woman who, in an era of Victorian reserve, would become a household name by doing things a woman wasn't supposed to do. ~ Brooke Hodess, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- David Ogden Stiers - Narrator