- SKU: 7866794
- Release Date: 03/14/2006
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Sing-along: "Once Upon a December"
- Sing-along: "Learn to Do It"
- Interactive feature: Learn to sing two different songs in over a dozen languages
- Learn to draw Anya, Dimitri, Rasputin & Bartok
- "Anya's Day Out" interactive paper doll
- "Explore the Palace" 3-D walk-through
- Exciting puzzle game: "Rasputin's Revenge"
- Interactive coloring book: "Help Anya Remember"
- "Journey to the Past" music video
- Anastasia's Music Box Favorites
- Commentary by director Don Bluth and producer Gary Goldman
- "The Making of Anastasia" in-depth documentary - Story, Characters, Animation & more
- Exciting look at the making of Aaliyah's "Journey to the Past" music video
- Russian history clickables
- Closed Captioned
The first feature from the 20th Century-Fox animation unit in Phoenix, Arizona, this is the ninth film produced and directed by the Don Bluth/Gary Goldman duo (An American Tail) and the first animated feature to be made in CinemaScope since Disney's Sleeping Beauty (1959). This $50 million animated fantasy retells the story of Anastasia, daughter of Czar Nicholas, beginning with her childhood in 1916 Russia. After Rasputin's curse on the Romanovs, little Anastasia is separated from her grandmother, the Dowager Empress Maria. After growing up in an orphanage, Anastasia emerges as a young woman called Anya. With no clear memory of her youth, Anya encounters entrepreneurs who seek an Anastasia look-alike in hopes of collecting a reward in Paris from the aged Dowager Empress. Despite demonic interference from Rasputin, the three travel to Paris where another problem awaits: the Dowager Empress is now skeptical of the parade of imposters. ~ Bhob Stewart, Rovi
Bartok the Magnificent
Ace animator Don Bluth directed this direct-to-video follow-up to his 1997 hit Anastasia, concentrating on the adventures of Bartok the Albino Bat (voice of Hank Azaria). Bartok and his best friend, Zozi the Bear (voice of Kelsey Grammer), are now making their way as street performers, but they find themselves drawn in when Prince Ivan is kidnapped by the wicked Ludmilla, who wants to get rid of the man who stands in her way as heir to the throne. Bartok and Zozi decide they must come to Prince Ivan's rescue, and they confront the evil and powerful witch Baba Yaga. Along with Azaria and Grammer, who repeat their roles from the original, Bartok The Magnificent features voice performances from Jennifer Tilly, Catherine O'Hara, and Tim Curry. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Meg Ryan - Anastasia
- John Cusack - Dimitri
- Kelsey Grammer - Vladimir
- Christopher Lloyd - Rasputin
- Hank Azaria - Bartok