Anna Christie [DVD] 
- SKU: 19371201
- Release Date: 06/21/2011
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
In this silent drama based on the play by Eugene O'Neill, Blanche Sweet plays Anna Christie, a young woman whose father Chris (George F. Marion) is a sailor and knows enough of the life of seafaring men to be certain that he doesn't want his daughter to become involved with one. Hoping to guide her to a better life, Chris sends Anna to live with relatives in Minnesota. However, she's treated cruelly there and runs away to Chicago, where she earns a living as a streetwalker. In time, she returns to the harbor town of her birth and winds up falling in love with a sailor, Matt (William Russell). Anna finds it difficult to hide her shameful past from her father and the man she loves, and eventually she is forced to confess to them both. Anna Christie was remade in 1930 in a version that gained instant fame as Greta Garbo's first talking picture. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Blanche Sweet - Anna Christie
- Eugénie Besserer - Marthy
- Chester Conklin - Tommy
- Victor Potel - Bit
- Ralph Yearsley - The Brutal Cousin