Anna Karenina [2 Discs] [DVD] [Eng/Fre/Rus] 
- SKU: 15224945
- Release Date: 11/07/2006
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- "Thoughts About Leo Tolstoy" A short film about Leo Tolstoy's life and home
- Chronikle: Rare film footage of Leo Tolstoy at the end of his life
- "The Making of Anna Karenina"
- Video interviews with the director, actors and cameraman
- Leo Tolstoy biography
- Photo album
- Cast & crew biographies/filmographies
- Languages: Spoken: Original Russian, English dubbed, French dubbed
- Optional subtitles: English, French and Spanish
After several previous attempts by foreign directors who miss the mark, this Russian film version of Leo Tolstoy's classic novel Anna Karenina most accurately follows the Tolstoy novel and remains superior to all other versions to date. It concerns the struggle of a woman to find her place in Russian society. Anna (Tatiana Samoilova) is shunned by society when she leaves her older husband and small son for the dashing young cavalry officer Vronsky (Vassili Lanovai). The officer is torn between his love for Anna and his social and military responsibilities. Bolshoi ballet star Maia Plisetskaya is the noble Princess who at first helps Anna, then turns her back on her. Anna is caught between the worlds of high society and privilege and the downtrodden peasants who are victimized by the economic elite. She tries desperately to follow her heart as she is harshly judged by society for trying to find her place. ~ Dan Pavlides, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Tatiana Samoilova - Anna Karenina
- Nikolai Gritsenko - Alexei Karenin
- Vasiliy Lanovoy - Count Vronsky
- Iya Savvina - Dolly Oblonsky
- Yuri Yakovlev