- SKU: 4377043
- Release Date: 01/29/2002
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Audio commentary with producer Don Hahn and directors Kirk Wise and Gary Trousdale
- Deleted scene: Viking Prologue
- DisneyPedia Atlantis: fun and interesting theories about the lost continent of Atlantis
- Virtual tours of CG models: 3-D turnarounds of the Ulysses submarine and Leviathan
- How to Speak Atlantean with the famous linguist who developed the Atlantean language
- Digital-to-digital transfer
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
- Choice of viewing options: full screen (1.33:1) or widescreen (2.35:1) original theatrical aspect ratio
The first Disney cartoon to be produced in the 70 mm format since The Black Cauldron (1985), this blend of traditional animation with computer-generated imagery is a straight adventure tale of the Jules Verne school, eschewing the studio's typical formula of cute critters mixed with song-and-dance routines. Michael J. Fox is the voice of Milo Thatch, a lowly museum employee and linguist in the early 20th century who's determined to continue his late grandfather's search for the lost, sunken empire of Atlantis. Bankrolled by eccentric millionaire Preston Whitmore (John Mahoney), Milo teams up with a diverse crew of mercenaries led by submarine commander Rourke (James Garner). After a sea battle with a giant denizen of the deep, the explorers locate the submerged civilization. Milo falls in love with Princess Kida (Cree Summer), the daughter of Atlantis' aged ruler (Leonard Nimoy), and must choose sides when it's revealed that some of his fellow expedition members intend to steal a mystical energy source from their hosts. Claudia Christian, Mark Hamill, David Ogden Stiers, Don Novello, and the late Jim Varney co-star. Although considered a shoo-in for a nomination in the debut year of the new Oscar category of Best Animated Feature, Atlantis: The Lost Empire faced stiff competition from other non-live-action entertainment in the summer of 2001, including Shrek, Final Fantasy, and Monsters Inc.. ~ Karl Williams, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Michael J. Fox - Milo James Thatch
- James Garner - Commander Lyle T. Rourke
- Cree Summer - Princess Kidagakash "Kida"
- Leonard Nimoy - Kashekim Nedakh "King of Atlantis"
- Don Novello - Vincenzo "Vinny" Santorini