- SKU: 21551713
- Release Date: 09/17/2013
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Hysteria Gallery: photography from the Saltpêtrière
- Interview with director Alice Winocour
- Q&A with Soko
- 2 music videos by Soko
- Kitchen & Magic Paris - two films by Alice Winocour
As directed by Alice Winocour, this period drama travels back to the Belle Époque of 1890s France for an intense chronicle of a young woman's sexual awakening. Soko stars as Augustine, a 19-year-old servant at an upper-crust home in Paris. One night, she lapses into a seizure while serving dinner, and the homeowners promptly have her shipped off to the Pitié-Salpêtriere Psychiatric Hospital, where numerous women are being treated for hysteria. Augustine catches the eye of Dr. Jean-Martin Charcot (Vincent Lindon), especially after he notices that her seizures are accompanied by intense bouts of physical pleasure. Fascinated, the doctor begins using the young woman for neurological experiments set up to study behavior under hypnosis. Over time, the dividing line between professional and personal begins to blur and the two are transitioned from doctor and patient to erotically intertwined lovers. Meanwhile, Augustine begins to subtly assume control over her circumstances. ~ Nathan Southern, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Vincent Lindon - Professor Charcot
- Soko - Augustine
- Chiara Mastroianni - Constance Charcot
- Olivier Rabourdin - Bourneville
- Roxane Duran - Rosalie