Axe/Kidnapped Coed [Blu-ray/CD] [Blu-ray]
- SKU: 29765273
- Release Date: 12/15/2015
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- Bloody Brothers - conformed from new transfer of hybrid feature with audio commentary by Stephen Thrower
- Axe & Kidnapped Coed - audio commentaries with writer/director Frederick R. Friedel, production manager Phil Smoot, makeup artist Worth Keeter
- At Last...total terror! - the amazing true story of the making of Axe & Kidnapped Coed
- Moose Magic - the George Newman Shaw & John Willhelm story
- Stephen Thrower on Axe & Kidnapped Coed
- Trailers, TV spots & radio spots
Released originally under the title Lisa, Lisa, this seedy murder-fest was later re-titled during drive-in circulation then again for its video release in 1985 as The California Axe Massacre to capitalize on the hype of another new arrival to video, Tobe Hooper's cult classic The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The film itself (actually filmed in North Carolina, not California) has little in common with Hooper's hit; the bloody revenge scenario is more reminiscent of Wes Craven's Last House on the Left. It involves a gang of grimy fugitives who hole up in the rural abode of a pretty but unstable young woman (Leslie Lee) and proceed to abuse her and her grandfather. Of course, things get out of hand from there, and the hoods kill the old fogey, which brings gory retribution as the sweet young thing brandishes the title implement. Painfully cheap-looking, this tawdry exploiter is too slow-moving to sustain the interest of chop-em-up fans who might be lured by the title. ~ Cavett Binion, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Leslie Lee - Lisa
- Jack Canon - Steele
- Frederick R. Friedel - Billy
- Frank Jones - Aubrey
1 out of 1 found this review helpful.
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.