Ballets Russes [DVD] [English] 
- SKU: 15106957
- Release Date: 09/12/2006
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Gorgeous 16:9 anamorphic transfer, enhanced for widescreen tvs
- An hour-long, four part series of addtional behind-the-scenes, performance, rehearsal and interview footage with Ballets Russes dancers
- Rare archival footage, including excerpts of classic Ballets Russes performances of Swan Lake, Giselle and others
- Stills galleries featuring 200 photos of Ballets Russes stars, additional Ballets Russes dancers and vontage Ballets Russes program covers
- Original theatrical trailer
- Ballets Russes easter egg
- English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
- 12-page booklet including liner notes by New York Times dance writer Jack Anderson and production notes by the filmmakers
Filmmakers Dan Geller and Dayna Goldfine explore the remarkable history of the legendary dance troupe Ballets Russes in this meticulously researched documentary that traces the evolution of the group from their 1909 debut performance in Paris until their final 1962 show in Brooklyn, NY. Performing at venues both large and small, the Ballets Russes opened the world's eyes to the art of dance in a manner never even conceived by vaudeville. Detailing everything from the involvement of such legendary artists as Picasso and Matisse to the quarrels between choreography giants George Balanchine and Leonid Massine -- and including interviews with such historical Ballets Russes dancers as Yvonne Chouteau, Raven Wilkinson, and other surviving members of the troupe -- this documentary pays tribute to some of the biggest names in the world of dance while simultaneously showcasing the remarkable influence that Ballets Russes had on generations of dancers. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Irina Baronova
- Yvonne Craig
- Frederic Franklin
- Alan Howard
- Alicia Markova