- SKU: 19078164
- Release Date: 05/10/2011
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- The Fight - An Interview with Director Fredrik Gertten
- "Super Abogado" Juan Dominguez's Television Commercials
- Pictures from a Banana Plantation - a Short Film Shot in Nicaragua
- Q&A with Director Gertten at the Swedish Premiere
- Two Archival Educational Films from Oscilloscope's Vault: About Bananas (1935) With Animated Vitamins and Minerals! Journey to Banana Land (1950) An Exotic Travelogue Tale
This documentary from filmmaker Fredrik Gertten observes the legal experiences of 12 workers on a banana plantation in Nicaragua, who hire Cuban-American attorney Juan Dominguez for representation in their class-action lawsuit against corporate giant Dole Foods. The suit finds its plaintiffs accusing Dole of causing infertility en masse among their population thanks to the use of the DBCP crop pesticide - a chemical banned in the United States four years prior, but still used in Nicaragua after that ban despite Dole's full awareness of the dangers present. The legal battle itself occupies center stage; though the plaintiffs' attorney Duane Miller presents his clients as traumatized, corporately-violated victims, the attorney representing dole paints them as drunks and liars - leading to a heated, highly aggressive courtroom showdown. ~ Nathan Southern, Rovi