- SKU: 4978493
- Release Date: 01/07/2003
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- New high-definition digital transfer, supervised by cinematographer Raoul Coutard
- Visual glossary of references and wordplay found throughout Band of Outsiders
- Interview excerpts with director Jean-Luc Godard and rare behind-the-scenes footage of Band of Outsiders from the 1964 documentary La Nouvelle Vague par Elle-même
- Exclusive interviews with Raoul Coutard and actress Anna Karina
- Agnès Varda's silent comedy Les Fiancés du Port Mac Donald, featuring Godard and members of the cast of Band of Outsiders
- Two theatrical trailers, including Godard original
- Sixteen-page booklet including an essay by poet Joshua Clover, character descriptions by Godard, and a reprinted 1964 interview with the director
- New and improved English subtitle translation
- Optimal image quality: RSDL dual-layer edition
One of pioneering director Jean-Luc Godard's most accessible films is this French spin on Dolores Hitchens' novel Fool's Gold. It tells the tale of three disaffected youths who plan a burglary, leading to deadly results. The alienated young trio is marvelous, particularly Anna Karina, and the early scenes of their clearly overdeveloped fantasy lives are splendidly handled. Something of a companion piece to Godard's classic À Bout de Souffle, its young characters have the same odd mixture of fatalism and starry-eyed naïveté that is, by turns, appealing and tragic. Trivia buffs should note that the film gave its name to Quentin Tarantino's production company (A Band Apart), and several of its scenes are echoed in his Pulp Fiction. ~ Robert Firsching, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Anna Karina - Odile
- Claude Brasseur - Arthur
- Sami Frey - Franz
- Louisa Colpeyn - Mme. Victoria
- Michel Delahaye - Doorman at School
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.