Bats [DVD] 
- SKU: 3849198
- Release Date: 02/22/2000
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- Uncut "R" rated version
- Features widescreen presentation
- Digitally mastered audio and video
- Feature audio: English 5.1 [Dolby Digital] and 2-channel [Dolby Surround] includes Dolby Ex enhancement
- Subtitles: English
- Director and lou diamond phillips commentary
- Bats abound featurette
- Isolated music score
- Direct weblink
- Photo galleries
- SFX and storyboard comparisons
- Talent files
- Theatrical trailers
- Animated menus
- Scene selections
Beware of what goes "bump" (and "squeak" and "flap flap flap") in the night. Dr. Sheila Casper (Dina Meyer) is a respected zoologist dispatched by the government to Gallup, TX, a small community suffering from an unusual number of reported bat attacks. Casper finds this news puzzling, since bats are generally placid creatures who avoid contact with humans. The local sheriff, Emmett Kimsey (Lou Diamond Phillips), assures Casper that the reports are on the level and that something needs to be done about swarms of aggressive bats so thick they blot out the moon. Caspar and Kimsey discover that a new breed of genetically altered bats have escaped from a research facility and taken up residence in a cave near Gallup -- but the nocturnal bloodsuckers have no intention of leaving as quickly as they arrived. Bats was written by John Logan, who had two other projects hit the screen within a few months of Bats' release: Oliver Stone's Any Given Sunday and Ridley Scott's Gladiator. The supporting cast includes Leon and Bob Gunton. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Lou Diamond Phillips - Sheriff Emmett Kimsey
- Dina Meyer - Dr. Sheila Casper
- Bob Gunton - Dr. Alexander McCabe
- Leon - Jimmy Sands
- Carlos Jacott - Dr. Tobe Hodge
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.