Battle Royale: The Complete Collection [4 Discs] [DVD]
- SKU: 2878227
- Release Date: 03/20/2012
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- The making of Battle Boyale
- Battle Royale press conference
- Instructional video: Birthday version
- Audition & rehearsal footage
- Special effects comparison featurette
- Tokyo international film festival 2000
- Battle Royale documentary
- Basketball scene rehearsals
- Behind-the-scenes featurette
- Filming on-set
- Original theatrical trailer
- Special edition tv spot
- TV spot: Tarantino version
In a future where society is on the verge of collapse, the government takes drastic action against the problem of rebellious teenagers in this violent sci-fi opus from Japan. In the year 2002, Japan's economy has taken a dramatic turn for the worse, and massive unemployment and inflation have thrown most adults into a state of chaos; the nation's youth culture responds with unprecedented violence, delinquency, and truancy. Desperate to restore order, the Japanese parliament responds by creating the Millennial Reform School Act, in which groups of junior high students are selected at random, sent to an isolated island, and forced to play a rigorous war game, in which all but one of their number are killed. Kitano (Beat Takeshi) is an embittered school instructor who guides the 44 students of the Zentsuji Middle School's Class B through the deadly game known as "Battle Royale," as they struggle to survive against the elements and each other. Battle Royale proved to be both successful and highly controversial in Japan, where it set box-office records and prompted political leaders to call for stricter controls on violence in Japanese entertainment; the film was initially rated R-15 (no one under 15 admitted), unusual for violent films in Japan, though director Kinji Fukasaku later prepared a re-edited version that earned a more lenient classification. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Tatsuya Fujiwara - Shuya Nanahara
- Natsuki Kato - Natsuki Kato
- Yuma Ishigaki
- Ai Iwamura - Smiling Winner from first Battle Royale
- Ai Maeda - Shiori Kitano
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.