- SKU: 13533811
- Release Date: 10/07/2003
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Some sources have indicated that Battles of Chief Pontiac was originally intended as the pilot for a TV series. Erstwhile Tarzan Lex Barker stars as 18th-century frontiersman Kent McIntyre, while Lon Chaney Jr. essays the title role of Chief Pontiac. On behalf of the British, McIntyre tries to negotiate a peace treaty with Pontiac, who is understandably wary of white-man promises. Sure enough, a fierce anti-Indian policy is placed into effect when McIntyre's commanding officer is replaced by bigoted Hessian colonel Von Weber (played with Fuehrer-like intensity by Berry Kroeger). Practicing a particularly insidious form of genocide, Von Weber tries to decimate the Indians with smallpox-infested blankets. Eventually, the cruel commandant is hoist on his own petard, and peace is restored for awhile. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Lex Barker - Kent McIntire
- Helen Westcott - Winifred Lancester
- Lon Chaney, Jr. - Chief Pontiac
- Berry Kroeger - Col. Von Weber
- Roy Roberts - Maj. Gladwin