Battles Without Honor and Humanity [Blu-ray/DVD] [Blu-ray] [Japanese] 
- SKU: 31690168
- Release Date: 08/09/2016
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Brand new Audio Commentary by critic and author Stuart Galbraith IV
- Original trailers for all five films
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Reinhard Kleist
- Yakuza Graveyard - a new interview with Takashi Miike about Kinji Fukasaku and the yakuza film genre
Kinji Fukasaku directed this powerful and uncompromising look at the deadly stakes of life among the Yakuza -- the Japanese Mafia. Shozo Hirono (Bunta Sugawara) is a former Japanese soldier who, following his nation's defeat in World War II, finds himself in a prison cell in Hiroshima on a murder charge. While behind bars, Hirono gains a loyal friend in fellow criminal Wagasugi (Tatsuo Umemiya), and upon his release Hirono joins Wagasugi in an underworld gang. What starts as a seemingly easy way to earn some quick money becomes something darker and bloodier as Wagasugi and his comrades fall into a violent street war against another mob faction that grows into a long-standing feud. Jingi Naki Tatakai (aka The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity) was the first in a series of five successful crime films from Fukasaku. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Bunta Sugawara - Shozo Hirono
- Hiroki Matsukata - Tetsuya Sakai
- Tatsuo Umemiya - Hiroshi Wakasugi
- Tsunehiko Watase - Toshio Arita
- Nobuo Kaneko - Yamamori