Beau Ideal [DVD] 
- SKU: 13758114
- Release Date: 04/27/2004
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Hoping to benefit from the popularity of the 1927 silent version of P.C. Wren's Beau Geste, RKO Radio reunited the earlier film's star Ralph Forbes and director Herbert Brenon for 1931's Beau Ideal, again adapted from a Wren novel. Something of a sequel to Beau Geste, the story concerns the efforts by Foreign Legionnaire Otis Madison (Lester Vail) to locate his childhood chum John Geste (Forbes). The two men are reunited in the Arabian desert, where Geste is doing penance in a stockade reserved for discredited Legionnaires. With Otis's help, Geste redeems himself by squashing a native uprising fomented by a duplicitous Emir (George Regas). Ultimately, our hero returns to England and the arms of heroine Loretta Young -- but not before a close call with a slinky seductress (Leni Stengel), appropriately nicknamed "The Angel of Death." Beau Ideal was a flop to the tune of $330,000, and as a result the exploits of the Geste family would not again be dramatized for the screen until the 1939 remake of Beau Geste. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Frank McCormack - Carl Meyer
- Ralph Forbes - John Geste
- Don Alvarado - Ramon Gonzales
- Bernard Siegel - Ivan Radinoff
- Irene Rich - Lady Brandon