Being Elmo [DVD] [English] 
- SKU: 4817964
- Release Date: 04/03/2012
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- Some thoughts from the Filmmakers
- Sundance Premiere Q&A with Kevin and the Filmmakers
- Tau performs in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Interview with John Tartaglia
- Director's Bio
- Closed Captioned
Most American parents are very much aware of Elmo, the child-like fuzzy red Muppet on Sesame Street who has become a favorite among the show's youthful audience. But far fewer people know the name Kevin Clash, the puppeteer who brings Elmo to life, and filmmaker Constance Marks introduces viewers to the man behind the Muppet in this documentary. Clash, a big and burly-looking man with a large reserve of shyness, was born and raised in Baltimore and was something of a loner in his youth, but found a way to express himself when he discovered puppetry. In his teens, Clash began building his own puppets (once destroying one of his father's coats to use as material for his latest project), and showed a remarkable talent for the art. Clash worked on a variety of television shows and movies before being hired to work on Sesame Street, where he formulated his most famous character. Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey offers a backstage look at Clash's life and times, a look into his working methods, and insight into how he informs Elmo's personality and uses the character to send a positive message to the world. Being Elmo received its world premiere at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Kevin Clash
- Whoopi Goldberg - Narrator
- Frank Oz
- Rosie O'Donnell
- Fran Brill
1 out of 1 found this review helpful.