Being John Malkovich [DVD] [English] 
- SKU: 5155011
- Release Date: 11/05/2002
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- Widescreen 16x9
- Theatrical trailer
- TV spots
- 7 1/2 floor orientation
- American Arts & Culture presents: "John Horatio Malkovich, Dance of Despair and Disillusionment"
- A page with nothing on it
- Intimate portrait of the art of puppeteering
- Interview with director Spike Jonze
- The art of background driving
- Cast and crew biographies & filmographies
- Spike's photo album
- English 5.1
- English 2.0 Dolby Surround
- English closed captioned
- French subtitled
- Spanish subtitled
- Aspect ratio 1.85:1
- Dual layered
Would you pay money to journey into the mind of the star of Con Air, The Killing Fields, and In The Line of Fire? Puppeteer Craig Schwartz (John Cusack) is having money problems, so he takes a temporary job as a file clerk on the seventh-and-a-half floor of a large office building. One day, while rummaging behind a cabinet, he finds a small door that leads to the center of the mind of actor John Malkovich (played by, you guessed it, John Malkovich). Craig discovers that entering the portal allows him to become John Malkovich for a brief spell, and in time he and his beautiful but aloof co-worker Maxine (Catherine Keener) get the bright idea to charge admission for the privilege of spending 15 minutes inside the head of a well-known actor. Malkovich realizes that something strange is happening to him, but can do little to stop it, as strangers take over his mind for a quarter-hour at a time. Craig's wife, Lotte (Cameron Diaz), eventually takes a trip into Malkovich's psyche, and she soon finds herself in love with Maxine, with whom Malkovich has an affair; meanwhile, Maxine in time becomes infatuated with both Craig and Lotte, but only when they're inside Malkovich. Being John Malkovich marked the feature-length debut of director Spike Jonze, who previously made acclaimed music videos for Weezer, the Beastie Boys, and the Breeders, among others. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- John Cusack - Craig Schwartz
- Cameron Diaz - Lotte Schwartz
- Catherine Keener - Maxine Lund
- John Malkovich - John Malkovich
- Orson Bean - Dr. Lester
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.