- SKU: 6141016
- Release Date: 11/11/2003
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- An interview with Topol
- Theatrical trailer
- "Bertolt Brecht and Galileo" - an essay by Michael Feingold, Chief Theatre Critic, The Village Voice
- The AFT Cinebill for Galileo
- Ely Landau: In Front of the Camera - AFT promotional reel - 1974
- The American Film Theatre trailer gallery - includes a complete list of the AFT films
- The American Film Theatre Scrapbook
- Enhanced for 16x9 TVs
Filmed in England, Galileo is based on Charles Laughton's 1947 adaptation of the play by Bertolt Brecht, which, like this 1975 film, was directed by Joseph Losey. Israeli film-star Topol plays the 17th century Italian astronomer, whose theories run contrary to the edicts of the Catholic Church. Forced to renounce his ideas about planetary movement, Galileo nonetheless holds fast to those beliefs to the end of his days, certain that time will vindicate him. Brecht's trademarked "alienation" technique, wherein the audience is constantly reminded that it is watching a play, is muted by Losey's cerebral direction. Galileo was one of producer Ely Landau's American Film Theatre presentations. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Topol - Galileo Galilei
- Colin Blakely - Priuli
- Georgia Brown - Ballad Singer's Wife
- Clive Revill - Ballad Singer
- Margaret Leighton - Court Lady