Bettie Page: Varietease/Teaserama [DVD]
- SKU: 14870357
- Release Date: 03/07/2006
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Audio commentary for both features by producer David F. Friedman
- Original theatrical trailers
- Bettie Page speaks and takes a bubble bath in two scenes from the ultra-rare color burlesque feature Striporama!
Legendary cheesecake model Bettie Page made one of her rare film appearances in this picture, which captured a vintage burlesque performance on celluloid. In a harem girl's outfit, Page performs "the dance of the four veils," while famed ecdysiasts Lily St. Cyr and Chris La Chris also show off their charms. In between dance numbers, comic Bobby Shields, female impersonator Vickie Lynn, and acrobatic dancer Twinnie Wallen keep the audience entertained. Varietease was directed by Irving Klaw, a noted photographer of "art studies" whose B&D oriented snapshots of Ms. Page became infamous collectors items in later years. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Teaserama was the second feature-film project of "girlie picture" maven Irwin Klaw. The star of the proceedings is Klaw's number-one peep-show attraction, the inimitable Bettie Page. When she's not removing her clothes and wiggling her torso, Bettie serves as the film's placard girl, heralding the other acts. These include such well-known stripteasers as Tempest Storm, Chris La Chris, Twinnie Wallen, Trudy Wayne and Cherry Knight, few of whom are in Betty's league, with the notable exception of Storm. Comedy is provided by future Car 54 Where are You star Joe E. Ross and burleycue top banana Dave Starr. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Bettie Page