Bitter Sweet [DVD] [English] 
- SKU: 19936989
- Release Date: 11/20/2011
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Previously filmed in 1933, Noel Coward's sentimental operetta Bitter Sweet was transformed by MGM seven years later into a Jeanette MacDonald-Nelson Eddy vehicle, complete with Technicolor. Set in late 19th century Vienna, the story focuses on the romance between music teacher Carl Linden (Eddy) and his prize pupil Sarah Milick (MacDonald). Eloping with Sarah, Carl writes an operetta specially tailored for her talents, which earns her fame and fortune. Alas, poor Carl does not live long enough to see Sarah's triumph, but it is clear that she will never forget him. Chock full of memorable tunes and familiar character faces in the supporting cast (best of all is Herman Bing as a Viennese shopkeeper), Bitter Sweet is musical moviemaking at its best. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Jeanette MacDonald - Sarah Millick
- Nelson Eddy - Carl Linden
- George Sanders - Baron Von Tranisch
- Ian Hunter - Lord Shayne
- Felix Bressart - Max