Blood Alley/The Sea Chase [2 Discs] [DVD]
- SKU: 9448742
- Release Date: 01/31/2006
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- Blood Alley: Widescreen (16X9, 2.55:1) version 2 behind the cameras featurettes from the Warner Bros. presents TV series
- Vintage newsreels
- John Wayne trailer gallery
- Subtitles: English, Français & Español (Feature Film Only)
- Sea Chase: Widescreen (16X9, 2.55:1) version
- Languages: English & Français
- Closed Captioned
John Wayne teaches those dirty Commies yet another lesson in Blood Alley. Wayne plays a veteran seaman who comes to the aid of Lauren Bacall, the daughter of a missionary doctor killed by the Red Chinese. It takes no little persuasion, but Bacall finally convinces Wayne to smuggle a group of villagers past the Communist forces and into the safe harbor of Hong Kong. Though there are many close calls, Wayne proves to be a shade smarter and more resourceful than the minions of Mao. Lauren Bacall plays her stock character with cool professionalism, though this sort of fare isn't really her cup of tea. Far better within the framework of the film are Paul Fix, Berry Kroeger, and Anita Ekberg, who aren't the most convincing "Chinese" in the world but who seem to fit right in with the blood-and-thunder proceedings. A. S. Fleischman adapted the screenplay of Blood Alley from his own novel. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
The Sea Chase
John Wayne plays anti-Nazi Prussian sea captain Karl Erlich in Sea Chase, one of the many film commentaries released post WWII. Though staunchly opposed to the Nazi regime, Karl (Wayne) feels it would nevertheless be unpatriotic should he refuse to save his ship from destruction. His ship--an old, rusty 5,000 ton freighter named the Ergenstrasse--is being pursued by a British warship on his journey from Australia back to Germany. Captain Erlich does everything he can to save his ship and his crew, but the process is long and dangerous, particularly without a plentiful supply of fuel and provisions. Erlich must face obstacles ranging from horrendous sea storms and shark attacks to false murder accusations, and it seems his only devotee is Elsa (Lana Turner), a beautiful German spy. Despite nearly falling to the determined English ship and a mutiny attempt by his own crew, Captain Erlich manages to survive what was anything but a routine trip back to his home country. ~ Tracie Cooper, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- John Wayne - Capt. Tom Wilder
- Lauren Bacall - Cathy Grainger
- Paul Fix - Mr. Tao
- Joy Kim - Susu, Cathy's maid
- Mike Mazurki - Big Han
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.