- SKU: 4235955
- Release Date: 07/24/2001
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Digitally remastered
- Original theatrical combo trailer
- Theatrical combo trailers for "The Crawling Thing"; "Creature of Evil"; "Devil Woman"; "Dragons Never Die"; "The Embalmer"; "The She Beast"; "Night of the Witches"; "Dr. Frankenstein on Campus"; "Orgy of the Living Dead"
- Theatrical featurette: "The Horny Vampire"
- Archival short subject: "Midsummer Nightmare"
- "Let's Go to the Drive-In" interactive feature allowing uninterrupted playback of over three hours worth of blood-curling drive-in madness
- Classic drive-in intermission shorts
- Gallery of drive-in exploitation art with drive-in intermission announcements
This badly-dated but interesting variant on the vampire subgenre is loosely based on the Simon Raven novel Doctors Wear Scarlet. The story details the seduction of an Oxford resident (Patrick Mower) into a satanic vampire society while studying in Greece. The chief twist here is that vampirism is treated not as a supernatural affliction, but as a bizarre form of sexual gratification -- an alternative lifestyle in which Mower is soon immersed, thanks to the manipulations of an exotic Greek siren. After some silly scenes featuring a lot of groovin' hippie orgies and silly psychedelic lighting effects, Mower returns to England to continue his sanguinary obsession in earnest, focusing his bloodthirsty desires on his prudish fiancee -- who is not so willing to embrace this new lifestyle. Despite the aforementioned painful attempts at hipness, this film shapes up to be an effective thriller -- perhaps the first to put a psychological spin on the vampire pantheon. Peter Cushing and Patrick Macnee are on hand in very small but effective supporting roles. Released also under the more "trendy" title Incense for the Damned. ~ Cavett Binion, Rovi
In the city of Manila, a baffling spree of terrible murders has the police force stumped. Beautiful young girls are found drained of blood through small incisions in their wrists, so Captain Miguel (Vic Diaz) calls for his American friend Adam Rourke (Robert Winston) to come to the Philippines and help solve the case. Rourke is an expert on sex crimes with an irreverent attitude toward his work, something that causes friction with Miguel's sister Sylvia (Katherine Henryk). Since several of the victims were employed at the Barrio Club, their investigation starts there with Rourke going undercover as a magazine writer. Mr. Calderon (Vic Silayan), the club owner, is suspicious of Rourke's request for an "interview," but promises to think it over. When hired killers start trailing Rourke, he knows he's on the right track, though the body count keeps rising and a break in the case is elusive. Meanwhile, Sylvia is falling for Rourke against her better judgment, so she gets a job at the Barrio Club in an attempt to search for clues and make sure he stays safe. A mysterious belly dancer (Yvonne Nielson) offers Rourke some valuable information, though discovering the secret of these horrible killings might lead to his destruction. At the same time, Sylvia is captured by the ghoul, a hideous monster with a mangled visage. ~ Fred Beldin, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Alexander Davion - Tony Seymour
- Imogen Hassall - Chriseis Constandindi
- Madeline Hinde - Penelope
- David Lodge - Colonel
- Patrick Macnee - Maj. Derek Longbow