Bombs Over Burma [DVD] 
- SKU: 14378363
- Release Date: 06/28/2005
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Of the two PRC Anna May Wong vehicles filmed during the 1942-43 season, Bombs Over Burma is marginally the best, thanks to the cinematic savvy of writer-director Joseph H. Lewis. Relying more on strong visuals than clever dialogue, the film details the contributions of the courageous Chinese guerilla fighters in keeping the Burma Road safe for Allied transport vehicles during WW2. During the arduous construction of the serpentine thoroughfare, a number of Chinese workers are killed by a mysterious saboteur. It turns out that the assailant is English nobleman Sir Roger Howe (Leslie Denison), who is actually a Nazi agent. Chinese schoolteacher Lin Yung (Anna May Wong) is the freedom fighter responsible for the unmasking and ultimate destruction of the duplicitous Sir Roger (the villain's death scene is the film's hands-down highlight). ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Noel Madison - Me-hoi
- Leslie Denison - Sir Roger Howe
- Dan Seymour - Pete Braganza
- Frank Lackteen - Hallam
- Judith Gibson - Lucy Dell