Bosch 500 Series 24" Tall Tub Built-In Dishwasher: Instead of washing dishes by hand, let this Bosch built-in dishwasher do the work for you. Its RackMatic system adjusts to 1 of 9 rack positions, so you can load up to 16 place settings, including items of various shapes and sizes. Just select from the 5 available wash programs to get started.
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.
If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
So you can run the dishwasher while you're sleeping.
Holds up to 16 place settings
Generous interior with 3 racks. The tall tub design lets you easily load both large and small items.
Accommodates dishes of various shapes and sizes
The RackMatic adjustable system provides up to 9 rack positions.
EcoSense wash management system
Helps ensure optimal performance.
ENERGY STAR Certified
To help conserve energy. Uses approximately 2.9 gallons per cycle to reduce water consumption.
Helps prevent leaks
The 24/7 AquaStop leak protection system prevents water from escaping the tub during wash cycles.
Thoroughly dry and sanitize your dishes
Condensation drying and sanitize option uses temperatures that are safe for Tupperware and other dishwasher-safe kitchenware.
Select the appropriate cycle for each load
5 wash programs include rinse-and-hold, heavy, auto, normal and express cycles. The half-load option accommodates small amounts of dishes, while delicate and extra-shine options allow custom washing.
Preset the dishwasher to run at a time that's best for you
The 24-hour delay-wash option lets you program the start time up to a day in advance. The high-temperature wash option offers deep cleaning for heavily soiled dishes.
Dishwasher hookup kit is sold separately and is not included.
Required for Installation: All dishwasher purchases require a dishwasher hookup kit be purchased from Best Buy. Without a hookup kit, your installation will not be completed. Find a hookup kit in the accessories section on this page.
Free delivery on appliance orders $399 and up
Dishwashers require special installation, which is not included with delivery. Call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) to find out more and to purchase installation.
Required parts sold separately
Find essential parts for installation in the accessories section on this page.
Great dishwasher, Quiet as a church mouse
Posted by: ToplineBuyer from: Columbus, Ohio on
My wife and I debated over this dishwasher for some time before finally pulling the plug and going for it. Our initial concerns with this dishwahser were it's lack of heated drying (we did not want to dry the dishes after they were clean) and the price. What attracted us to this unit were it's consumer ratings and reviews about how quiet it is and how great it cleans.
We are 3 months into our purchase of this dishwasher and we are very pleased. Here are our observations.
1) Lack of heated drying - First, you have to use a rinse aid with this unit. It aids in drying and really does do the trick to have spotless dishes. Second, as long as you can run the unit and allow the dishes to sit inside the dishwasher they dry just as well as our previous dishwasher which did have heated drying. You need to run the wash cycle and then allow the residual heat from the wash cycle to literally dry the dishes inside. It works, but you need to leave it shut for a while to allow this natural phenomenon to work. We usually run it right before bed and by morning the dishes are clean and as dry as any other dishwasher you could buy.
2) Quiet Operation - this unit really is as quiet as everyone says it is. You need the red light that shines on the floor telling you that it is running or you would never know. At first my wife and I thought it's cool that it's quiet, but that isn't a big selling point for me. Now that we have it home and see how quiet it really is, it's amazing. You can stand right next to it and have normal conversation with no issues and still not hear the thing is running. After 3 months of using this unit the quiet issue went from no big deal to a huge selling point. You don't realize how much you'll enjoy having your kitchen back when the dishwasher is running until you can do it - this is a big plus.
3) Clean dishes - this unit cleans extremely well. Some of our glasses had some residual white residue on them from our previous dishwasher and we ran them through this baby and they came out sparkling clean. We are old school so we have a tendancy to rinse our dishes before putting them in the dishwasher anyway so we can't tell you if this is really necessary or not. What we can tell you is that we are very please with how clean the dishes come out and it definately cleans better then out previous dishwasher which was another big name brand which will go un-named.
4) 3rd rack - we were excited about the 3rd rack built into this dishwasher and for good reason, it's awesome! We completely removed the utensil basket from the bottom of the dishwasher and use the top 3rd rack for all of our forks, spoons, knives, etc. The only things that don't fit on the top rack are very large spatulas or large utensils, but it was the same way with my previous washer and we had to use the 2nd rack for those anyway. With this 3rd rack handling all of our utensils, it made a lot more room on the bottom for more dishes which is really nice!
5)Price - I guess this topic is relative to how you feel about spending money. By the time we were done this dishwasher cost us over $1000, but as they say you get what you pay for. In this case that is true as well, this is by far the best dishwasher I have ever owned and used. It's not often that a kitchen accessory surprises you, but this dishwasher did. It really is everything they say it is in all the consumer reviews and professional reviews. With that said, as a matter of principle I do think this dishwasher is overpriced. I just think $1000 for a dishwasher is way too much money. However, if you want the best in quiet, the best in cleaning and simply just the best dishwasher money can buy and the price is not a concern then I say go for it and spend the money to buy this baby and you won't be disappointment. On the other hand, if you are on a budget or don't have the extra cash to shell out $1000 on a dishwasher and want top save a few hundred dollars then I think you could still get away with buying one of the other big name brands that also clean well.
I've tried to represent exactly what we've got from this dishwasher to give other consumers a real picture of what you'll be getting when you buy this dishwasher. Do you want the diamond model of dishwashers along with the diamond price or can you opt for the gold model with the gold price and save yourself a few hundred bucks - the choice is yours as a consumer, it's your money!
52 out of 52 found this review helpful.
What's all the hype about??
Posted by: Jonathan from: on
Picked up this dishwasher because of the rave reviews. I replaced a 15 year old dishwasher that worked great, it was just getting old, was loud and wasn't energy efficient. Decided to replace it before it broke, picked the Bosch because they offered free install and was super quiet (the ONE and only thing I will give it credit for). It didn't live up to the hype, whatsoever. Here are my complaints:
1. The dishwasher DOES NOT have heated dry, even though the Best Buy website states that it does. It does a thing called "Condensation Drying", basically it sprays hot water onto the dishes and then the dishes "sweat" themselves dry (which is why you HAVE to use the water spot fluid that you put in the door). The problem is, if you use any plastic dishes (cups, tupperware, etc.) they don't retain enough heat to dry themselves, therefore all of them are soaking wet and need to be dried when the cycle finishes and they end up getting everything else wet. I feel as though that defeats the purpose of having a dishwasher, might as well wash and dry by hand, it would take a lot less time than the 2 HOURS this washer needs to go through its cycle only to make wet dishes that you have to dry anyways.
2. It smells! In the bottom of the tub there is a filter that keeps large particles from getting into the plumbing. Where this filter sits it creates a pool of water, the water is not clean, even after the wash cycle is done. This creates an odor, mildew, old food, type smell. Additionally, the wet dishes create an issue, they have to be unloaded immediately, otherwise they sit in there wet, and then they grow mildew. Best Buy's recommendation was that I leave the dishwasher open to let it dry out when not in use. Really? You want me to live my dishwasher open anytime its not being used? Yeah right.
These two issues were enough of a problem for me that I returned the washer. I instead picked up a Fridgidaire, with a REAL heated dry (the coil on the bottom of the tub that heats up and it cycles air through it to aid in drying and not let water sit without ventilation). You can look for my review on that products page.
73 out of 77 found this review helpful.
Great dishwasher when working
Posted by: Santacruz1976 from: Santa Cruz on
This is regarding a $900 Bosch dishwasher that I purchased from Best Buy in November of 2013 and also bought extended warrantee with it.
After waiting a couple of weeks for the install, the unit worked beautifully for around a month. It then would not start up and we were unable to reset it. On January 23rd, I called Best Buy/Geek Squad and they said they can't help me until after the one year manufacturer's warrantee is up. They also told me that there is nobody in our area that can repair it anyways.
I called Bosch on January 23rd. An appointment was scheduled two weeks out with an eight hour window. I took the day off of work. Did not get a phone call Until that very day to tell me the technician wasn't gonna show. Another appointment was made two after that day on February 20th. Eight hour window. Another day off of work. Another cancellation from the technician. Another two weeks go by (6 weeks at this point) until a technician from A & E Services comes 1.5 hours out of their window (another day off work). They find the problem and it was directly related to the installation from Best Buy. The grounding pin from outlet was removed in order to allow plug to be reversed erroneously. Reversing the polarity and screwing up the dishwasher.
March 5th, I called Geek Squad to get the repair done and have become intolerant of another 8 hour window. I was assured a smaller window. Apparently, A & E Services represents Geek Squad as well and that is who they were going to send out. The very guys representing Bosch, that told me to call Geek Squad to have it installed properly. Geek Squad assured me a phone call back in 8 hours to follow up and set up a sooner appointment. Here I am, two days later, no phone call and actually off and on hold with Best Buy and Geek Squad for the past one hour and 10 minutes. My story told three times in that time frame.... This complaint typed during that time.....
Including the installation day, I have sat around waiting for technicians a total of four days with one more to look forward to. I have missed out on work and time with my family. I have also spent countless hours on the phone telling the same story over and over. It has now been inoperable longer than it was operable and I have washed more dishes than I ever care to.
I have bought cel phones, major appliances, service contracts, CDs, DVDs, cameras and many random computer, television and stereo accessories from Best Buy. This is absolutely the last time I will ever set foot in that store. This is by far the worst service I have ever received from anything in my life and I will tell anyone that cares to listen.
95 out of 108 found this review helpful.
Beware the Height and No Drying Heat
Posted by: DollyDagger from: on
Love the quiet, the 3 adjustable racks, space to fit a lot of dishes.
Beware it has no dry cycle. I knew this and was happy with it, to $ave energy, but if you have a countertop/cabinet built before 2010, AND the floor covering is continued to under the dishwasher, the dishwashers are getting approximately 5/8" taller and will be difficult to install with adequate clearance under the top edge of the dishwasher. This is particularly important to have your water drain from the dishwasher properly.
The Best Buy installers struggled to get ours in, then after several weeks, there was a stink coming from the bottom of the appliance. Yup, the installers didn't set enough tilt, because of the clearance issue, to drain the water.
We had to pull it out and chisel out the ceramic tile and grout. What a mess!
Still a bit tight over the top, but we now have adequate drainage.
35 out of 36 found this review helpful.
Unbearable stench. Otherwise, great.
Posted by: Bagle from: Tampa Bay on
Bought the SPH65T55UC about 60 days ago from Best Buy.
First of all let me say that it's a good looking, well made product. It's really quiet and does a good job of cleaning dishes. Like many newer dishwashers there isn't a typical heating element to dry dishes. I presume they do this to comply with Energy Star ratings?
This was installed according to the instructions with a high loop drain hose. Dishes are pre-rinsed very well. There isn't any food or standing water in the bottom or in the screens / filters. We use the recommended soap and rinse aid. I've also run vinegar through a wash cycle. After a day with the door closed, the stench is overwhelming! I also thought this may be like the "new car smell" and would dissipate after a while, but it hasn't. It smells like vomit and has made several people gag. I've Googled this and apparently there's a plethora of people with the same complaint and it goes back many years! I'm not sure if all Bosch's smell or it's just a few random bad eggs, but we just can't seem to get over the stink! I don't care how good a dishwasher this is, if you can't open it without wearing a mask, then it's unacceptable!
I've called Bosch customer support and after 15 minutes on hold, I always get disconnected or their line is constantly busy! If this gets rectified, I'll amend this post.
31 out of 31 found this review helpful.
Three weeks of paper plates and no dishwasher
Posted by: Frustratedtothemax from: Plymouth Meeting, PA on
I bought a top of the line Bosch along with a service contract. There was a problem with the drainage. The repair person diagnosed it as a crimp in the hose and had to order a new hose which came UPS from Baltimore. Soonest he could return was one week later. He replaces the hose only to have an e-15 error in the drainage pump. Another parts order to Baltimore placed and another week's wait. Following week more parts are replaced, but the e-15 error remains. Repair person wanted to order even more parts (with another one week wait), but I went to the store and asked them to escalate. The store puts in an order to exchange the machine. The delivery person gets to my house two days later and I find out that the store forgot to put in an installation order. Because the old unit had not been disconnected, the delivery person leaves the new machine on the truck and drives away. I showed up at the store to get them to fix the exchange order, but they couldn't change it since the delivery person hadn't input his end of day paperwork yet. I find dealing with Best Buy for appliances a very unsatisfactory customer service experience.
35 out of 37 found this review helpful.
Posted by: BusyMom from: on
This dishwasher is designed to keep water in the bottom of the dishwasher (under the filter). If you don't run it every day, the water stagnates and the dishwasher smells horrible. I would never buy another one especially given the high cost of this model.
34 out of 37 found this review helpful.
Don't Buy Bosch
Posted by: Unhappy from: on
I LOVED this dishwasher. However, do NOT purchase it unless you plan to RUN the dishwasher EVERY SINGLE day! I spoke to BOSCH and they said that because they do not have a heating coil in their dishwashers, they will have stagnant water that will remain trapped in the dishwasher. If you do not run it every day, it will emit an incredibly foul odor that you cannot get rid of and stinks up the entire house. After spending almost $1,000 on a dishwasher, I am NOT happy.
59 out of 70 found this review helpful.
This is the one DW to get..
Posted by: Wheelchairkitty from: Columbus, OH on
I highly recommend this dishwasher! Ok this DW does everything perfectly as promised. My wife was right, she'd pay any price asked by Bosch just to have that 3rd upper rack for all of our silverware and knives etc. Whoever thought of that deserves a huge raise! I just loaded about 3 times what our previous dishwasher could hold, so the 3 rack design is a winner! Love the LED light at the bottom right that shines on the floor. That indicator light is very useful..I'm glad we didn't pay the extra $130 for the handle design...go with the recessed handle...we're very pleased.
It IS quiet...held up my decibel meter app on my iPhone while it was running at it's loudest, and it showed 61db...but when you walk away 15' to watch a movie in your family room like I usually do, the sound now drops to 43db with just the DW running and everything else in our home quiet. So now we can watch a movie right after dinner in peace and quiet (which we didn't have before now. Love that! So will you. Measure your existing DW's sound like I did with any iPhone app..There's a huge difference in sound dampening here.
Bottom line, spend the extra $$$ and buy something that really works right.
By the way, I pre-sold our existing dw on Craigslist and got $200 just for easily asking. Emailed my buyer a 1 min. video of it working, and had him come see it and leave me a deposit, and then had him pick up our old one after Best Buy's installer moved it to our garage. Don't just give your old appliance away to the installer...pre-sell it and pocket the savings! Easy. Also, the BBuy installation was professional and is recommended.
21 out of 22 found this review helpful.
Makes a chore less of a bore
Posted by: Knootsy from: Alabama on
I love this machine. It is easy to use fast and the results are perfectly clean dishes every time. The storage set up and 3rd drawer make this a home run for a dishwasher. I am a huge Bosch fan now.