- SKU: 17470292
- Release Date: 01/13/2009
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Commentary with director Sarah Gavron and actress Tannishtha Chatterjee
- Interview with Sarah Gavron
- Deleted scenes
- Interview with Tannishtha Chatterjee and Christopher Sampson
- Exploring Brick Lane featurette
- Interview with Satish Koushik
- Scene specific commentaries
- Closed Captioned
Director Sarah Gavron and screenwriter Abi Morgan team to adapt author Monica Ali's award-winning novel about a young girl from Bangladesh who finds the spark in her soul slowly fading after traveling to London for an arranged marriage. As a child, Nazneen (Tannishtha Chatterjee) was always told that she was a survivor. Now, as a young adult, she must contend with the sudden death of her mother. Her father arranges her marriage to a man she has never met, and she gets shuttled off from her quaint village to a working-class neighborhood in East London, as the bride of Chanu (Satish Kaushik), where she earns extra income via sewing. At first, the newlywed Nazneen does her best to be a devoted wife and loving mother. It's a lonely life, and as the pompous ineffectual Chanu does his best to fit into British society, the bored housewife finds herself increasingly drawn to Karim (Christopher Simpson), the hotheaded fellow who delivers pants to her door for various sewing jobs. The two lapse into an impassioned affair, but Chanu grows increasingly determined to marry Nazreen himself, especially as his own politics become more and more radical in the wake of 9/11. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Tannishtha Chatterjee - Nazneen
- Satish Kaushik - Chanu
- Christopher Simpson - Karim
- Naeema Begum - Shahana
- Lana Rahman - Bibi