- SKU: 29088567
- Release Date: 10/06/2015
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- "Trailers From Hell" with Steve Senski
- Animated Montage of Images
- Audio Commentary by Film Historian Richard Harland Smith
- Audio Commentary with Director/Co-Writer/Producer Dan Curtis, Actress Karen Black and Co-Writer William F. Nolan
- Interview with Actor Anthony James
- Interview with Actor Lee Montgomery
- Interview with Screenwriter William F. Nolan
- Original Theatrical Trailer
Dan Curtis, director of TV's Dark Shadows series, directed this eerie haunted-house thriller about a house which draws energy from its inhabitants and selects its own "keeper" from the family of Ben and Marian Rolf (Oliver Reed & Karen Black), who rent the strangely-affordable house one fateful summer then find themselves slowly succumbing to its creepy powers. The photography is suitably moody, and many of the standard haunted-house cliches are used to decent effect -- particularly a violent scene in which the surrounding woods form a barrier to prevent the family station wagon from escaping the area -- but the pace is too leisurely overall, climaxing with the type of grim ending employed by nearly every mainstream horror film in the late 70's. Black's spooky looks are used to maximum effect, but are never quite as chilling as the final shot of Curtis's TV movie Trilogy of Terror from the previous year. ~ Cavett Binion, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Karen Black - Marian
- Oliver Reed - Ben
- Burgess Meredith - Brother
- Eileen Heckart - Roz
- Lee Montgomery - David
1 out of 2 found this review helpful.
0 out of 1 found this review helpful.