Can [3 Discs] [DVD] [English]
- SKU: 6022216
- Release Date: 12/02/2003
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- DVD 1: Can-Free-Concert: a film by Peter Przygodda. Filmed live at the Cologne Sporthalle in 1972
- Can Notes: an intimate film by Hildegard Schmidt, edited and compiled by Peter Przygodda
- New remixes in 5.1 Surround Sound: 'Smoke' by Holger Czukay, 'Get the Can' by Holger Czukay, 'Below This Level' by Jaki Liebezeit, 'Half Past One' by Irmin Schmidt
- Plus: The Making of the 5.1 Remixes - Footage and Interviews: Holger Czukay, Jaki Liebezeit, Irmin Schmidt
- DVDconnector: PC-only DVD-Rom link with exclusive access to more interviews previously included in the Can Box Book from 1999, info, photos, Brian Eno's tribute film, links, etc.
- Subtitle selection: English + French
- DVD 2: Can - Documentary: compiled by Rudi Dolezal & Hannes Rossacher, produced by DoRo Production, Vienna
- A short tribute film to Can by Brian Eno
- Echo Awards Presentation footage
- Biographies: Michael Karoli, Holger Czukay, Irmin Schmidt, Jaki Liebezeit
- Plus collaborator's biographies: Hildegard Schmidt, Malcolm Mooney, Damo Suzuki, Reebop Kwaku Baah, Rosko Gee, René Tinner, Uli Gerlach, Jono Pdmore (Kumo), Peter Przygodda
- DVD audio options: both discs are in Stereo only except for the 5.1 remixes which are available in 5.1 and Stereo
The German experimental group Can was among the most adventurous and forward-thinking ensembles to ever work within the format of a rock band, and many contemporary acts are still finding inspiration in the seminal recordings they released in the late '60s through mid-'70s. Can is a DVD set which offers a treasure trove of material related to the group, most notably a concert film drawn from an appearance at the Cologne Sporthalle in 1972, a short film by Brian Eno in tribute to the group, a personal look at the band created by Hildegard Schmidt and Peter Przygodda, and a Can documentary by Rudi Dolezal and Hannes Rossacher. In addition, the set also includes new Dolby 5.1 surround mixes of four classic Can recordings, text interviews, rare photographs, biographies of the group members and their frequent collaborators, and much, much more. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi