- SKU: 4144928
- Release Date: 05/16/2000
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- New digital transfer of original theatrical version
- "The Movie That Wouldn't Die! The Story of Carnival of Souls": documentary on the 1989 reunion of the cast and crew
- More than 45 minutes of rare outtakes accompanied by Gene Moore's organ score
- Theatrical trailer
- Illustrated history of the Saltair resort in Salt Lake City
- "The Carnival Tour": video update on the film's locations
- English subtitles
- Optimal image quality: RSDL dual-layer edition
- Selected audio commentary by screenwriter John Clifford and late director Herk Harvey
- One hour of excerpts from films made by the Centron Corporation
- An essay of the history of Centron from Ken Smith's Mental Hygiene
- Printed interviews with Harvey, Clifford, and star Candace Hilligoss, illustrated with vintage photos and memorabilia
A drag race turns to tragedy when one car, with three young women inside, topples over a bridge and into the muddy river below. The authorities drag the river, but the search is fruitless and the girls are presumed dead until a single survivor stumbles out of the water with no recollection of how she escaped. Mary Henry (Candace Hilligoss) decides to forget her strange experience and carry on with her plan to move to Utah to accept a job as a church organist. She rejects the notion that because her profession leads her to work in the church, she is obligated to worship as part of the congregation, and this cold approach to her work unnerves many around her. While driving to the new city, she experiences weird visions of a ghoulish man who stares at her through the windshield, and passes an abandonded carnival on a desolate stretch of highway outside of town to which she feels strangely drawn. Mary tries to live her life in private, ignoring invitations to worship by the minister of her church and the leering propositions of a neighbor in her rooming house. Soon the ghostly apparition from the highway is appearing more often, and she experiences eerie spells in which she becomes invisible to people on the street. A doctor tries to help, but he too is rejected, and eventually Mary realizes that the deserted carnival holds the secret to her destiny. ~ Fred Beldin, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Candace Hilligoss - Mary Henry
- Frances Feist - Landlady
- Sidney Berger - John Linden
- Art Ellison - Minister
- Ted Adams
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.