Catherine Cookson 2 Film Set [2 Discs] [DVD]
- SKU: 14732319
- Release Date: 11/22/2005
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Catherine Cookson biographer Piers Dudgeon interview
- Producer Ray Marshall interview
- Photo gallery
- Box set includes an 8 page booklet
Filmed for British television in 1991, Black Velvet Gown is a two-part adaptation of Catherine Cookson's novel. The story begins in 1834; Riah Millican (Janet McTeer), left penniless by her husband's death, is evicted from her home along with her children. She takes a job as housekeeper for Percival Miller (Bob Peck), the reclusive master of Gulmington Mansion. Soon Riah is ruling the roost, as it were, and is in a position to hire and fire servants on her own. Part Two involves the arrival of illiterate serving girl Biddy (Geraldine Somerville), and the ensuing consequences. Black Velvet Gown was telecast in the US in 1993 on PBS' Masterpiece Theatre. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Catherine Cookson's The Black Candle
At the turn of the century, a widow decides to set her dead husbands business back in the black column. Her efforts to get the mill going again, however, are somewhat submarined by problems with an employee who is accused of murder and her sister who has married a spoiled rich boy. ~ Tana Hobart, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Bob Peck - Percival Miller
- Janet McTeer - Riah Millican
- Geraldine Somerville - Biddy Millican
- Jean Anderson - Madame Gallmington
- Christopher Benjamin - Anthony Gallington