- SKU: 20889321
- Release Date: 02/26/2013
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Commentary With Directors Marjane Satrapi & Vincent Paronnaud
- Tribecca Q&A With Vincent Paronnaud And Marjane Satrapi
Persepolis co-directors Marjane Satrapi and Vincent Paronnaud make the leap from animation to live action with this expressionistic adaptation of Satrapi's graphic novel about a mercurial violinist who embraces death and embarks on a surreal journey through the past and future after his beloved instrument is destroyed. Tehran, 1958: Nasser-Ali (Mathieu Amalric) has devoted his entire life to music. The violin bequeathed to him by his musical guru more cherished than his own wife and children, Nasser writes music capable of stirring the soul, and pours his whole heart into every note. When that instrument is broken beyond repair, the crestfallen musician retreats to his bed and invites death to take him. But the Grim Reaper refuses to comply, and instead Nassir finds himself inexplicably transported deep into his past before being thrust into the future to witness the fates of his neglected children firsthand. Edouard Baer, Maria de Medeiros, and Isabella Rossellini co-star. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Mathieu Amalric - Nasser-Ali
- Edouard Baer - Azraël
- Maria de Medeiros - Faringuisse
- Golshifteh Farahani - Irâne
- Eric Caravaca - Abdi