- SKU: 8617179
- Release Date: 11/06/2007
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Interviews with: Christopher Reeve Brooke Ellison - Harvard graduate class of 2000, author of The Brooke Ellison Story, developed for TV moie directed by Christopher Reeve, New York State Senate candidate 2006, quadriplegic since age 11
- Jim MacLaren - Motivational speaker, winner of the 2005 Arthur Ashe Courage Award, amputee and quadriplegic
- Jesse Billauer - motivational speaker and founder of liferollson.org, top rated surfer, quadriplegic
- Featurette about the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Resource Center
The afternoon of May 27, 1995 marked a deeply tragic turning point for the late Christopher Reeve. On this fateful day, Reeve's globally-publicized equestrian accident left him completely paralyzed from the neck down, a quadriplegic who required extensive breathing assistance. Yet ironically, only during this darkest of all hours did Reeve's capacity for strength fully flower - as a crusading advocate for stem-cell research, the founder of the UCI Reeve-Irvine Research Center for spinal cord injuries, and, astonishingly, one who found ingenious ways to continue his work as a director, producer and occasional actor, in his ten remaining years alive. For much of the world, Reeve began to personify unbridled possibility whenever and wherever determination is present. Reeve's son by Gae Exton, Matthew Reeve, originally conceived a series of three documentaries observing his father's journey back to full recovery; though Chris's death in late 2005 made this an impossibility, Matthew shot and edited a great deal of the footage into two halves, one entitled 'Hope in Motion' and a second entitled 'Choosing Hope.' The home video release Christopher Reeve: Hope in Motion incorporates both; the footage, of course, begins with Reeve's terrifying accident and subsequently witnesses his tireless crusade for stem-cell research, his stunning ability to regain partial control over his muscular movements and his first steps back into the realm of film and television - all in spite of the debilitations that stood in his way. The program features extended interviews with Reeve, Brooke Ellison, Jesse Billauer and Jim McLaren and also works in a bonus featurette about the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Resource Center. ~ Nathan Southern, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Christopher Reeve