- SKU: 3951067
- Release Date: 06/13/2000
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- Digitally Mastered Audio & Anamorphic Video
- Audio: English 2-Channel (Dolby Surround) and 5.1 (Dolby Digital), Spanish, Portuguese
- Subtitles: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Cantonese
- Director Renny Harlin & Sylvester Stallone Audio Commentary
- Technical Crew Audio Commentary
- A Personal Introduction from Renny Harlin
- Making-Of Featurette: Stallone on the Rock
- Weblink Featuring Exclusive Offers
- Deleted Scenes
- Storyboard Comparisons
- Photo Galleries
- Theatrical Trailers
- Talent Files
- Production Notes
- Animated Menus
- Scene Selections
In Cliffhanger, Sylvester Stallone plays Gabe Walker, a member of a mountain-climbing rescue team. Gabe is haunted by an incident from his past when he couldn't save the girlfriend of his best friend, Hal Tucker (Michael Rooker), from falling to her death. As the story begins, Gabe has left mountain-climbing rescue work and has set up business in Denver. He returns to the mountain rescue office to persuade his lover, Jessie (Janine Turner), to quit and come back to Denver with him. While he is begging Jessie to head out to Denver, things are happening in the skies overhead. A gang of professional crooks headed by psychotic Eric Qualen (John Lithgow) has hijacked a U.S. Treasury plane carrying millions of dollars. But the plane crashes, and the bad guys find themselves stranded on top of a mountain with the money (put into three cases) scattered around the wreckage and with no way to get down off the pinnacle to retrieve the cases. They put in a phony distress call that is received by the mountain rescue team. Gabe agrees to take part in one last rescue attempt, and they head up to help rescue the thieves. But Qualen has plans for the rescuers -- to force them to climb through the dangerous snow-covered peaks to find the three suitcases of cash. ~ Paul Brenner, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Sylvester Stallone - Gabe Walker
- John Lithgow - Eric Qualen
- Michael Rooker - Hal Tucker
- Janine Turner - Jessie Deighan
- Rex Linn - Travers
1 out of 3 found this review helpful.
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.