- SKU: 18543728
- Release Date: 06/22/2010
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Disc 1
- Audio Commentary by Mehrnaz Saeed-Vafa and Jonathan Rosenbaum, Authors of Abbas Kiarostami
- The Traveler, Director Abbas Kiarostami's first feature
- New and Improved English Subtitle Translation
- Disc Two
- "Close-Up" Long Shot, a Documentary on Close-Up's Central figure, Hossein Sabzian, six years after the film
- New Video Interview with Kiarostami
- A Walk with Kiarostami, a Documentary portrait of the Director by Iranian Film Professor Jamsheed Akrami
- Plus: a Booklet featuring an Essay by Film Critic Godfrey Chesire
This Iranian film qualifies as a docudrama, and makes some telling comments on society as it tells its tale. In the story, Ali Sabzian, in a fit of whimsey, claims to a fellow passenger on the bus that he is the famous Iranian film director Mohsen Makhmalbaf. So far, so good, but he then becomes involved with his fellow passenger and her family, claiming that he has cast the family's son in a major role and that the setting he intends to use is their home. At some point this tale comes unravelled, and the family takes him to court. A well-meaning judge persuades the family to drop the charges against this unemployed man. Ironically, while Ali is on trial, the maker of this current film (Abbas Kiarostami) decides to film the procedings, and also stages a reconstruction of the events leading up to the trial, using all the actual participants, but has the restaged trial end less happily. ~ Clarke Fountain, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Mohsen Makhmalbaf - Himself