And that future is Apple TV. Think about it. You already use apps to watch TV on your mobile devices and computers. With Apple TV, apps have liberated your television, letting you choose precisely what and when you want to watch. Built on a powerful platform called tvOS, Apple TV lets you interact with your TV in completely immersive ways. Ask Siri to find just the movie or TV show you're in the mood for. Or, turn your living room into a classroom, fitness studio, or shopping destination. This is Apple TV. And this is where television is headed.
iTunes movies and TV shows. Netflix1 and Hulu.2 ABC3 and Disney.4 HBO5 and SHOWTIME.6 Live sports7 and news. And so much more. If it's worth watching, there's definitely an app for that.
Think big, exciting games. Apps that let you redecorate your house or shop for a new one. Multiperson experiences that redefine family game night. There are thousands of apps already available on the App Store on Apple TV, and more are arriving all the time.
With the advent of iPhone and iPad, many of the big innovations and newest technologies have focused on the small screens that fit in our pockets or that we carry in our hands. But it's time our big screens share in that technology and get an equally innovative experience. With the new Apple TV and tvOS, a redesigned interface and the Siri Remote, there's never been a better time to be a TV.
Your TV screen is all the way across the room. That's why the experience of using the Apple TV is designed to let you feel like you're interacting directly with your TV, not separated from it.
What's the best way to find something to watch? Just ask Siri. With the Siri Remote, you tell your TV exactly what you want to watch. Ask Siri to give you a few options, like "Find me popular TV shows." Or, combine multiple search criteria in the same search, like "Show me boxing movies from the 1980s." Siri can also do more than find movies and TV shows. Ask Siri to play an album that has just dropped8 or search the App Store for the best fitness apps. If you have HomeKit-enabled products, you can even ask Siri to dim the lights or adjust the thermostat.
Touch forever changed how we interact with our phones. Now it comes to the remote. Use your thumb on the Touch surface of the Siri Remote to scroll, select, and navigate your TV screen effortlessly.
1. Selected titles now available on Netflix. Netflix subscription required.
2. Hulu subscription required for streaming content.
3. No subscription required. Available only in the U.S.
4. Free with your subscription through participating cable and satellite providers.
5. HBO, HBO NOW and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. HBO GO and HBO NOW are accessible only in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories where high-speed broadband connection is available. Minimum 3G connection is required for viewing HBO NOW on mobile devices. Some restrictions may apply.
6. © 2015 Showtime Networks Inc. and Showtime Digital Inc. All rights reserved. Showtime Networks Inc., 1633 Broadway, New York, NY 10019. SHOWTIME and related marks are trademarks of Showtime Networks Inc., a CBS company. SHOWTIME is accessible for viewing solely in the United States and its territories and possessions. Minimum high-speed broadband connection is required for viewing.
7. Live sports subject to blackouts.
8. Subscription required for Apple Music.
Subscription may be required to access some content.
Some applications are not available in all areas. Application availability is subject to change.
Available on iTunes. Title availability is subject to change.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is available on iTunes. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice © 2016 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and RatPac-Dune Entertainment LLC. BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics. All rights reserved. A Hologram for the King is available on iTunes. A Hologram for the King motion picture artwork © 2016 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved. Louder Than Bombs is available on iTunes. Louder Than Bombs © 2015 Motlys, Memento Films Production, Nimbus Film, and Arte France Cinéma. All rights reserved. Swiss Army Man is available on iTunes. Swiss Army Man © 2016 Ironworks Productions, LLC. All rights reserved. The Jungle Book is available on iTunes. The Jungle Book © 2016 Disney Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved. The Lobster is available on iTunes. The Lobster © 2015 Element Pictures, Scarlet Films, Faliro House Productions S.A., Haut et Court, Lemming Film, The British Film Institute, and Channel Four Television Corporation. All rights reserved. Star Trek Beyond is available on iTunes. Star Trek Beyond © 2016 PPC. Star Trek and related marks are trademarks of CBS Studios, Inc. All rights reserved. Mr. Robot is available on iTunes. Mr. Robot © 2016 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. All rights reserved. NBCU celebrity endorsement not implied. USA Network is a division of NBCUniversal.
TM and © 2016 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.