Cria Cuervos [2 Discs] [Criterion Collection] [DVD] [Spanish] 
- SKU: 8892317
- Release Date: 08/14/2007
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Disc One - The Film:
- New, restored high-definition digital transfer
- Original theatrical trailer
- New and improved English subtitle translation
- Disc Two - The Supplements:
- Portrait of Carlos Saura, a documentary on the life and career of the Spanish auteur
- New interviews with actresses Geraldine Chaplin and Ana Torrent
- Plus: a booklet featuring a new essay by film scholar Paul Julian Smith
Carlos Saura wrote and directed this powerful psychological drama in which family crises which reflect the embattled soul of a nation are seen through the eyes of an unusually perceptive child. Ana (Ana Torrent) is an eight-year-old girl growing up in a troubled household -- her father Anselmo (Hector Alterio) is a general in the Spanish military during the waning days of Franco's repressive regime, and her mother (Geraldine Chaplin) is dead, Ana having witnessed her agonizing final moments. Anna, her older sister Irene (Conchita Perez) and younger sister Juana (Maite Sanchez) are looked after by their emotionally chilly Aunt Paulina (Monica Randall), while housekeeper Rosa (Florinda Chico) provides what little warmth there is to be found in the household. While Ana's mother is gone, the girl frequently sees and hears her mother's spirit, and is convinced Anselmo's emotional neglect and infidelity is responsible for her death, leading the youngster to take her own form of revenge against her father. The title Cria Cuervos is taken from a Spanish proverb -- "Raise ravens and they'll pluck out your eyes." The film was originally released in the United States under title Cria!, and has been screened in English-speaking territories as Raise Ravens and The Secret of Ana. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Héctor Alterio - Anselmo
- Geraldine Chaplin - Ana as an Adult/Her Mother Maria
- Florinda Chico - Rosa
- Mirta Miller - Amelia Garontes
- Ana Torrent - Ana as a Child